Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Lonliness followup...

May 8th 2013 new

"If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it!" - says Marianne from Woodstock, IL

I wanted to share something that Marianne's comment made me remember about when I was going through my divorce discernment, and it happened as a result of going to adoration:

I was in a particularly bad place, and dealing with 5 kids ages 11 down to 6 months was taking its toll rapidly. It was Lent, just after my kids had left for an overnight with their father. I was alone in the adoration chapel, thankfully, and weeping for all the stress and sadness I was feeling. I said something very demanding like, "God, I need a Simon and a Veronica and I need them NOW!"

The next day, I received a call from my dear friend, the one who offered her home to the children and I for over two weeks while we searched for a place to live after leaving my husband. She called just to say that she had a feeling I might need an encouraging word. My Veronica.

That same week, I received a call from a potential caregiver for my child with autism. She turned out to be Catholic, a teacher's aide in the classroom next to my daughter's, and ended up being her caregiver for the past 3 years. My Simon.

I am thankful that Marianne's comment triggered that memory, and that perhaps I need to adopt a thankful attitude whenever I feel lonely, instead of a pitiful one. I can just call up a friend or family member to remind me where I was and how far I've come, and then thank them for being there through that journey. God truly gives us everything we need - and everyONE.

May 8th 2013 new

(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: "If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it!" - say...
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said:

"If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it!" - says Marianne from Woodstock, IL

I wanted to share something that Marianne's comment made me remember about when I was going through my divorce discernment, and it happened as a result of going to adoration:

I was in a particularly bad place, and dealing with 5 kids ages 11 down to 6 months was taking its toll rapidly. It was Lent, just after my kids had left for an overnight with their father. I was alone in the adoration chapel, thankfully, and weeping for all the stress and sadness I was feeling. I said something very demanding like, "God, I need a Simon and a Veronica and I need them NOW!"

The next day, I received a call from my dear friend, the one who offered her home to the children and I for over two weeks while we searched for a place to live after leaving my husband. She called just to say that she had a feeling I might need an encouraging word. My Veronica.

That same week, I received a call from a potential caregiver for my child with autism. She turned out to be Catholic, a teacher's aide in the classroom next to my daughter's, and ended up being her caregiver for the past 3 years. My Simon.

I am thankful that Marianne's comment triggered that memory, and that perhaps I need to adopt a thankful attitude whenever I feel lonely, instead of a pitiful one. I can just call up a friend or family member to remind me where I was and how far I've come, and then thank them for being there through that journey. God truly gives us everything we need - and everyONE.

--hide--

I am so glad that hit a memory for you, Caroline. Just remember, you are never alone! lovestruck!

May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: "If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it!" - says Marianne fro...

--hide--

hug rosary smile
May 10th 2013 new
Thanks for sharing that, Caroline. God truly does provide.
May 10th 2013 new
(Quote) Caroline-930073 said: "If you have the time to make a consistent adoration time, do it!" - says Marianne fro...

--hide--
Caroline, my child is Downs and autistic. I get it. I also get just how blessed we are. I wouldn't want it any other way. My child may be challenging at times, but I think that God gave him to me because He knew I was the best mama for him. I have the traits of compassion, patience, love and sacrifice that are needed for his development. I have these traits and practice them consistently, they don't come and go depending on what kind of day I'm having. You also have specials traits and God given gifts that others don't have, that's why God chose you. God bless you and happy Mother's Day!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5