Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello Everyone!

I haven't been on the forums for quite some time but I came across a video that spoke about dating and, except for a little bit of 'off' humor, the meaning behind what he said was very profound

May 11th 2013 new

Oops!

Ok, here is the link AND the profound thought;

It’s all stop signs,

It’s all lines that shouldn’t be crossed,

It’s all interpretation that’d been lost in translation,

Even when the meaning is embossed on something that redefines stop signs,

Something that erases and redraws lines for all the times curiosity gets the better of us

But until it gets the best, we test the lines,

Until it gets the best of us, it’s all stop signs.

www.youtube.com

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Karen-712407 said: Oops! Ok, here is the link AND the profound thought; It&...
(Quote) Karen-712407 said:

Oops!

Ok, here is the link AND the profound thought;

It’s all stop signs,

It’s all lines that shouldn’t be crossed,

It’s all interpretation that’d been lost in translation,

Even when the meaning is embossed on something that redefines stop signs,

Something that erases and redraws lines for all the times curiosity gets the better of us

But until it gets the best, we test the lines,

Until it gets the best of us, it’s all stop signs.

www.youtube.com

--hide--
To my way of thinking, this is negative thinking. Taken seriously and literally, it seems to discourage taking a chance with someone. Of course there are stop signs, but this is true of life in general. If we dwell on everyday living as a stop sign, we could end up as robots. Clearly all of us have choices to make -- sometimes stopping is appropriate, but so is going ahead.

If we look at the 10 Commandments, we could see them as "stop signs". Yet -- they are positive signs, which, if we follow, will result in great happiness. The Commandments are signs given by a caring Father who does not want harm to come to His children. The Commandments do not prevent us from acting -- there again, we are back to choices.

If I'm interpreting correctly the statement you quoted, I'm thinking it came from someone who's frustrated and discouraged.

Are you seeing this differently?

May 11th 2013 new

Maybe this guy has a history of incredibly bad dating/relationship experiences because he didn't pay attention when he noticed she was drinking/using/stealing/lying/etc.,etc., etc.. Stop signs that were warnings that he ignored.

I'm with you, Ray. I think life and relationships are all about finding and taking advantage of your opportunities.

May 11th 2013 new
How about a flashing yellow light instead of a stop sign?
May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: How about a flashing yellow light instead of a stop sign?
(Quote) Andrew-290721 said: How about a flashing yellow light instead of a stop sign?
--hide--
Might be worth pondering, Andrew -- "proceed -- with caution". scratchchin

May 11th 2013 new

About searching/hoping/praying for love: proceed with caution, but PROCEED!!!

May 11th 2013 new

www.youtube.com

Dusty came to mind...ahhahaha

Will I get nailed?

May 11th 2013 new

Hi, Karen, et all!

I'm baaack....hopefully not like a bad dream sequence :)

I found this really profound as well and I think he is right on in what he is saying. Don't we all put up stop signs or draw lines around the untouchables? At times all I want to do is let someone know that I find them interesting and if they give me a chance, they'd find that I have quite a bit to offer him. But I hesitate to take that step and play a game that is less obvious and less honest and hope that he'll notice or I'll gain courage enough to inch that sign a little closer.

Or how about the borders we wouldn't consider crossing? Is it distance or status or appearance? My favorite line in this video was when he said, "Don't even say you are not gorgeous because when you say that I want to pop out your left eye and show it to your right."

This video isn't about being negative, it is about finding the value inside the package, both our own and in each other. It's about taking a risk.

Thank you, Karen, for sharing this!

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: To my way of thinking, this is negative thinking. Taken seriously and literally, it seems to discou...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

To my way of thinking, this is negative thinking. Taken seriously and literally, it seems to discourage taking a chance with someone. Of course there are stop signs, but this is true of life in general. If we dwell on everyday living as a stop sign, we could end up as robots. Clearly all of us have choices to make -- sometimes stopping is appropriate, but so is going ahead.

If we look at the 10 Commandments, we could see them as "stop signs". Yet -- they are positive signs, which, if we follow, will result in great happiness. The Commandments are signs given by a caring Father who does not want harm to come to His children. The Commandments do not prevent us from acting -- there again, we are back to choices.

If I'm interpreting correctly the statement you quoted, I'm thinking it came from someone who's frustrated and discouraged.

Are you seeing this differently?

--hide--
I agree with ya Ray ok What's the difference tween "stop signs" & "Red Flag's"? Or? are they (pretty) Much the same? (just wonderin)? (OH) BTW: Ray: Nice (new) Pictures! ( i know they been here a while)

Posts 1 - 10 of 19