Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? Are they ok with you meeting someone from this site even if the person lives long distance? I am just wondering.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of it? Are they ok with you meeting someone from this site even if the person lives long distance? I am just wondering.

--hide--

Yes. I use this site for more than just dating. networking is worthwhile and I have made many many friends! It is a place where we post prayer petitions and much more.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I was wondering CM members do your family know that you are on this site? Are they accepting of i...

--hide--

Hi Kathy,

I am getting mixed reviews from family and friends. Some of my friends met their husbands through similar sites and are all for it.

My sister-in-laws are all behind it.

My brothers are having coronaries as we speak.

My Bunko girls are for it but warning caution.

My son is very wary. My daughter's are not saying anything against it, but I think they too are wary. Their big concern is that they will not call another man dad and they better not think they can step in and try to be their father. But, if the person is good to me and makes me happy then they will be happy.

May 12th 2013 new

My parents have known all along and have not had any issues with it. just last night i was with 3 other former CMers

at Catholic Underground in NYC. ive been blessed many wonderful friends I've here.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes. I use this site for more than just dating. networking is worthwhile and I have made ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Yes. I use this site for more than just dating. networking is worthwhile and I have made many many friends!

--hide--

How do you do that? I've been advised against "mixing business and pleasure."

May 12th 2013 new

--hide--

My family know about it, and back me up, but they urge me to be discerning. Oddly enough, my Mom was the one who put the idea in my head to even come onto a Catholic dating site!

May 12th 2013 new

My parents are relieved that I am actually making an effort to get out and date. Thinking back just a few months ago, back at the beginning of the year, I thought God was calling me to the single, celibate life. But my parents worry about my daughter and I being by ourselves, so I decided to come back on CM. I think it was a good decision, but time will tell.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Matthew-928862 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Yes. I use this site for more than just datin...
(Quote) Matthew-928862 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Yes. I use this site for more than just dating. networking is worthwhile and I have made many many friends!

How do you do that? I've been advised against "mixing business and pleasure."

--hide--

OH Please, You keep an extremely open mind. Keep awareness of grey areas regarding people you meet here. Otherwise you paint yourself into an unfortunate corner...

May 12th 2013 new

they know I enjoy talking to people so for this reason it is fine. Sometimes I wonder why I'm on this site. LOL

May 12th 2013 new

I personally have not told my family about being on this site. They might have ideas, but right now, I am trying to focus more on me right now as I have some changes happening in my life with my job.

One reason I joined this site is because I want to find a husband and start a family. Yes my family is also pressuring me about it also.. I just don't want them to pressure me more than they are.

Posts 1 - 10 of 59