Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Would appreciate feedback

May 12th 2013 new

So May is here and in a little over a week my niece will be graduating from high school in Pelham, AL on May 23rd! I have been working feverishly on video highlights of her life in picture to an edited advice piece I wanted her to here. If it sounds familiar it's that well known graduation song by Baz Luhrmann or speech actually. I wanted to know what you think of the final initial draft product and if there are any changes you would make to it? Could you please take a look at youtu.be and offer any insight as to your opinions. I would appreciate it.

In Christ, Lud

May 12th 2013 new

Wow, that was a lot of work you put into that! You are thoughtful to make that for her. She must mean a lot to you. She should like it because most people like to see photos of themselves along with friends and family. And you included important milestones in her life.

You seem to have some kind of talent with computers and/or photography. It is nice of you to share that.

There were at least a couple of words I did not understand. They were the last words in a sentence. Maybe you could provide her with the words on paper, if available.

I personally would not mention "body". I think the world already emphasizes the material world plenty enough. I think spirit is more important and what we should focus more upon.

May 12th 2013 new

Great highlights! She is quite a classy and very joy-filled young lady. thumbsup Lucky to have such a caring uncle.

As for constructive comments, I would tweak the beginning and slow down the pace of the pictures at a certain points; some go too quickly to really enjoy them.

... you could start with the fun eyes closed shot (hold it there) "ladies and gentlemen, wear... sunscreen" and right after this point begin the rest of the slide show (following with a summer picture of course!) que the music at this point too for the first little bit is just a tad awkward without it. This will blend humor, anticipation, and flow for the rest of the presentation.

Or, if you want to keep the intro closer to what you have (which is totally fine), begin then hold the second photo (dance class) until "sunscreen" and switch keep only summer photos until the word "now" when the music begins. In addition, swich out all of the jagged transitions or highly contrasting photos (really colorful/bright to really dark) since there is no music to smooth them over creating flow. You create continutity through another element of composition.

Best,

Matt

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-75060 said: I personally would not mention "body". I think the world already emphasizes the materia...
(Quote) Joanne-75060 said:

I personally would not mention "body". I think the world already emphasizes the material world plenty enough. I think spirit is more important and what we should focus more upon.

--hide--

Yes, there is an inherently uncatholic connection with that passage (perhaps cut "you are not as fat as you imagined" and the "enjoy your body" segment... keep the short section on "dance")

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Joanne-75060 said: I personally would not mention "body". I think the world already emphasizes th...
(Quote) Joanne-75060 said:

--hide--

Joanne I hear you! It is not a song I created. It is Baz Luhrmann's Everybody's Free to Wear Sunscreen and is from the Romeo and Juliet Soundtrack. I thought the song had a lot of good messages she could learn from. Hence I went with that...Originally I was going to do this song, Time of Your Life By Greenday,a nd Vitamin C's "Graduation Day" as a trifecta and put photos to them but the photos I had and the 115 my sister provided were not enough to fill even a seven minute song...So I didn't go that bold!

Appreciate the feedback!

May 12th 2013 new

Thanks Matt, appreciate it...I will see what I can flip around...This editing program is new to me and certain parts have certain pictures purposefully at that point....I might be able to swap some photos around that don't have to be at key points in the song.

May 12th 2013 new

About the song...Not being trimmed...I think she will know what to take heed...I thought overall the song is good. It is a song from an album like I said...I didn't produce it...I just took the mp3 and edited photos to it and what not!

Just so you k now to emphasize faith I am getting her "THe Bible" Miniseries on DVD, a rosary, and a cathechism along with "Dr. Seuss's oh the places you'll go for her graduation.

So I do take Catholic stuff seriously. I know you weren't implying that I don't so please don't read into that last sentence. thanks for your feedback guys!

May 13th 2013 new

Just add in a portion of Always Look on the Bright Side of Life from Monty Python

You have to smile!

May 13th 2013 new

I like that...Monty Python idea...*smiles*...that will be for the next niece that graduates.

May 13th 2013 new

I loved it! clap clap clap Please repost a link when you have finished it!

Posts 1 - 10 of 20