Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 11th 2013 new

OMG and WTH--same thing happened for me!

I didn't read the entire site, but maybe the site designers are stereotyping--men write rationally or objectively, and women write emotionally or flowery?
Whatever. rolling eyes

May 11th 2013 new

(Quote) Merilyn-947795 said: If you are wondering whether the person you are corresponding with is male or female, there is ...
(Quote) Merilyn-947795 said:

If you are wondering whether the person you are corresponding with is male or female, there is a web-site that can help. The web-site "GenderGenie", enables you to copy & paste text from correspondence into a box for evaluation. They evaluate the text as to male and female speech patterns and word usage. They will give you an immediate opinion as to whether the author of the text is male or female. When I have had suspicions, they have ultimately confirmed my suspicisions!

--hide--

And the verdict is...

Merilyn is a ....... male (179-124)!

wink laughing laughing laughing

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Marge-938695 said: OTOH, I hope this can be interpreted as evidence that I understand men and can get along with the...
(Quote) Marge-938695 said:

OTOH, I hope this can be interpreted as evidence that I understand men and can get along with them easily.

--hide--

Opposite problem here, lol. Hopefully this can be interpreted as a patient, caring personality and not as a weakness or a deficiency in masculinity.

May 12th 2013 new

I think it can.
One of the best marriages I ever saw was between a very "masculine" gal and rather "effeminate" guy.
All that really matters is finding someone you can communicate with.

May 12th 2013 new

(Quote) Joan-461057 said: Good information. I become suspicious when they ask for email or phone number in the profile o...
(Quote) Joan-461057 said:

Good information. I become suspicious when they ask for email or phone number in the profile or in the first message, although some people do that who don't want to pay for membership, so it's not an absolute. The typical ones I get are muscle showing, too young men who want to assure me that age is not a problem, who live far from me, and who absolutely adore me from just looking at my picture. Type two is someone who clearly has problems with English, and has a job that takes them out of the US frequently; one even described his perfect mate as a "he" instead of a "she". Almost all of them want your personal info up front; ie email, phone, address etc. Most of them post pictures of extremely good looking men, some age appropriate and some not. Some have incomes of $100,000 or more, doctorates or masters and houses all over the world, yet have trouble forming a sentence correctly. Those are clues that can help you not answer to begin with. Clues to the more sophisticated ones who are more subtle and seem real at first are the anxiousness to get your personal information too quickly. After the football player scam some people were pushing Face to Face meetings quickly. I still warn against that because it causes people to give out personal data too soon, and I think online through the site communication still should be lengthy to wear the scammer out if thats what they are. The general rule for me is: if they are too good looking and love me too fast and want to get off the site too soon be suspicious.

--hide--

I guess it's a good thing I'm a grammar snob, then, and ignore those profiles.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Merilyn-947795 said: If you are wondering whether the person you are corresponding with is male or female, there is ...
(Quote) Merilyn-947795 said:

If you are wondering whether the person you are corresponding with is male or female, there is a web-site that can help. The web-site "GenderGenie", enables you to copy & paste text from correspondence into a box for evaluation. They evaluate the text as to male and female speech patterns and word usage. They will give you an immediate opinion as to whether the author of the text is male or female. When I have had suspicions, they have ultimately confirmed my suspicisions!

--hide--

I tired it and I came out female but so did most of the men who have viewed my profile. laughing laughing laughing

May 14th 2013 new
(Quote) Gary-936836 said: I guess it's a good thing I'm a grammar snob, then, and ignore those profiles.
(Quote) Gary-936836 said: I guess it's a good thing I'm a grammar snob, then, and ignore those profiles.
--hide--
My thoughts precisely.
Posts 31 - 37 of 37