Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hello everyone. I've been single for three years. I just received my annulment from the Tribunal in February, and got a second affirmative ruling of annulment in March. I just joined Catholic Match, and have been involved with online dating for a year now.

One of the biggest values I have is empathy for others. In light of this, I would like to know what the women out there are searching for in a man. What specific traits of a man make the difference between saying "yes" to him and saying "no". From reading many women's profiles, I think a have a good general idea though it goes without saying that women are different and have different needs. But I am looking for commonalities among what women desire in men because there is veracity in commonality.

So feel free to post your responses here. Also, if you would prefer to message me with feedback, please do so.

Thanks, and good luck in your search!

Paul

May 12 new

I want to find someone who is serious about finding someone, not someone who is just killing time.

He's got to be ALIVE.
- have a real write-up in his profile, not six lame lines.
- have a life. No one married to his TV, his books, or his pet will interest me.

He's got to get off his chair and MOVE.
- send me a darned emotigram.

He's got to show me what he wants and how he thinks.
- establish a correspondence. One message a week with a comment about the weather doesn't count.

He's got to demonstrate interest in what I want and how I think.
- ask me questions. Deep questions, at least occasionally.

May 12 new

Thank you. Your points are certainly understandable.

May 12 new

(Quote) Paul-960730 said: Hello everyone. I've been single for three years. I just received my annulment from the Tribun...
(Quote) Paul-960730 said:

Hello everyone. I've been single for three years. I just received my annulment from the Tribunal in February, and got a second affirmative ruling of annulment in March. I just joined Catholic Match, and have been involved with online dating for a year now.

One of the biggest values I have is empathy for others. In light of this, I would like to know what the women out there are searching for in a man. What specific traits of a man make the difference between saying "yes" to him and saying "no". From reading many women's profiles, I think a have a good general idea though it goes without saying that women are different and have different needs. But I am looking for commonalities among what women desire in men because there is veracity in commonality.

So feel free to post your responses here. Also, if you would prefer to message me with feedback, please do so.

Thanks, and good luck in your search!

Paul

--hide--

It is great that you have empathy for others. I would like to know how you express that empathy for others. This could come up in some ways that would make or break the friendship with a man.

I would want to know if a man drinks and how important the drinking is to him. Does he zone out in front of the TV and how does that look in his life. Will that have an effect on how he might treat me? Does he read? What does he read? Can he have an interesting discussion about what he reads? Can he teach me anything?

Those are some very preliminary questions to consider. I liked what marge had to say also.
Ladies, what can we add to what has been mentioned here so far?

I recently was getting to know a man and we were trying to find times to skype but he kept having to go out every night to drink. needless to say he is married to his drinking. Drink is his current wife or mistress and it is not likely to change.

May 12 new

Ladies, Please look this thread over and see what you can offer this poster who asks a serious question. Thank you.

May 12 new
I am hoping to find someone who will -- if he doesn't already -- volunteer his time, and hopefully we can do that together too. I also want someone who has interest in doing things, they don't have to be costly, but wanting to get out and about is good. And a non-smoker.
May 12 new
I want a man who is willing to love me second because he loves God above everything. Someone who is willing to sacrifice for me and, hopefully our future children just as I will sacrifice for them. I would like a man who is willing to lead spiritually. Finally, he must be willing to help me get to heaven, just as I will help him. :-) ...that's not asking for too much is it...
May 12 new

Women are seeking an honest man who is at ease with himself and his life.

May 13 new

Thank you Marian. I really appreciate your posting and your encouraging other women to respond to this post. I have more to share with you later via posts here and messages.

May 13 new

And thanks to you two ladies for responding, and I hope to hear more responses, including any more you have. I have more to share later.

Posts 1 - 10 of 39