Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

How does your garden grow?

May 13th 2013 new

Have you started planting or are you still in the planning stages? I have a friendship garden along my back fence and everything is donated/transplanted from my friends' gardens. I just added some Hen and Chicks on the sides of the irises. I also, sadly, have two trees to be removed from the backyard. Are there any creative suggestions on what to do with the stumps?

I'm looking forward to hearing about your green thumbs!

May 13th 2013 new
I'm excited that I'm almost done with one garden project. I salvaged a wood arch (complete, like an arched door frame), had that attached to the brick fence, and planted two flowering vines at the base this past fall. Even covering them during a January frost they looked like goners, but they survived, are thriving, and starting to climb up the sides of the archway! I'm waiting for the handyman to attach a small shelf near the center of the arch. That's where an Our Lady of Grace statue will go, another salvage--someone in the office broke it & then just threw it in the trash. I pulled out all the pieces I could find, had my son glue it the best he could.
May 13th 2013 new

Sounds neat Lina, I'd like to see a picture of that.

I have planted my tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, peas, cucumbers, and squash so far. I do love to garden! Now if the ole rabbits will just leave it all alone for awhile, I'll be happy to share later :)

May 13th 2013 new

I planted corn, spinach, lettuce, carrots, famous Idaho potatoes, squash, peas, beans, and radishes to far. I have volunteer spinach that is ready to eat and planted some radishes, spinach and lettuce real early and it is about ready. I love eating out of the garden and usually plant extra and give it away, such fun.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: Have you started planting or are you still in the planning stages? I have a friendship garden alo...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

Have you started planting or are you still in the planning stages? I have a friendship garden along my back fence and everything is donated/transplanted from my friends' gardens. I just added some Hen and Chicks on the sides of the irises. I also, sadly, have two trees to be removed from the backyard. Are there any creative suggestions on what to do with the stumps?

I'm looking forward to hearing about your green thumbs!

--hide--

Alas Kathy my garden does not grow. . .Lauren the Plague of all things with roots. . .

But, clever ideas for stumps --- carvings, chairs, tables and planters on their own right. . .

May 13th 2013 new

"Clever Ideas for Stumps"---great title..... for a coffee stump book? laughing

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'm excited that I'm almost done with one garden project. I salvaged a wood arch (complete, like ...
(Quote) Lina-796057 said: I'm excited that I'm almost done with one garden project. I salvaged a wood arch (complete, like an arched door frame), had that attached to the brick fence, and planted two flowering vines at the base this past fall. Even covering them during a January frost they looked like goners, but they survived, are thriving, and starting to climb up the sides of the archway! I'm waiting for the handyman to attach a small shelf near the center of the arch. That's where an Our Lady of Grace statue will go, another salvage--someone in the office broke it & then just threw it in the trash. I pulled out all the pieces I could find, had my son glue it the best he could.
--hide--

Lina, that sounds so wonderful. Re-using is one of my favorite stewardships! Will you be able to move this to Wisconsin? It sounds too awesome to leave behind.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Therese-632256 said: Sounds neat Lina, I'd like to see a picture of that. I have planted my tomatoes,...
(Quote) Therese-632256 said:

Sounds neat Lina, I'd like to see a picture of that.

I have planted my tomatoes, lettuce, spinach, peas, cucumbers, and squash so far. I do love to garden! Now if the ole rabbits will just leave it all alone for awhile, I'll be happy to share later :)

--hide--

Very nice, Therese! I'd be happy to mail you some puppy fur. I hear it keeps the rabbits at bay when spread in a garden.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Dave-24315 said: I planted corn, spinach, lettuce, carrots, famous Idaho potatoes, squash, peas, beans, and radishes...
(Quote) Dave-24315 said:

I planted corn, spinach, lettuce, carrots, famous Idaho potatoes, squash, peas, beans, and radishes to far. I have volunteer spinach that is ready to eat and planted some radishes, spinach and lettuce real early and it is about ready. I love eating out of the garden and usually plant extra and give it away, such fun.

--hide--

You have lucky neighbors, Dave! It sounds delicious.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: Alas Kathy my garden does not grow. . .Lauren the Plague of all things with roots. . .<...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

Alas Kathy my garden does not grow. . .Lauren the Plague of all things with roots. . .

But, clever ideas for stumps --- carvings, chairs, tables and planters on their own right. . .

--hide--
since I started putting coffee grinds in the water that I feed my plants, the plants have blossomed. They are stronger and healthy looking.

I bought a small stump that had been made into a jewelry box with a secret drawer while I was in Colorado.

Posts 1 - 10 of 41