Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Steven-924301 said: (Quote) Marian-83994 said: Open ended questions:1...
(Quote) Steven-924301 said:

Quote:
Marian-83994 said:

Open ended questions:

1) How did you decide to study in you field?
2) What led you to the career change?
3) What kind of music do you like?
4) What kind of movies, food do you like?
5) Where do you shop for groceries?
6) What is your take on the way they celebrate Christmas out in Society and the commercialization of all holidays?
7) What book are you reading right now?
8) What kind of books do you like to read?
9) How did you learn to cook/dance/sing/bake?
10)What is your workout routine?
11) Would you like to get together to take a brisk walk sometime?
12) What do you think of Obama?
13) Which are your favorite topics to read about?
14) Do you like photography? people watching? pets?
15) Do you read philosophy? history? literature?
16) Who is your favorite author?
17)How do you pray?
18) How do you listen to God?
19) Have you had any sense of how to tell God's will in your life?
20) Do you like your current job? Whjy or why not?
21) what would you like to do for your dream job?
22) What do you think of technology and it's impact on society and on the world both global and personal?
23) Are you on Facebook?
24) What make you happiest?
25) What is your family background?
26) How long has your family been in the US?

Marian, if you haven't already, you could write the 'First Date Success Guide for Compleat Idiots', aimed at men.

Chapter 1: Be interested in HER.

Chapter 2: Treat her like a lady.

--hide--

I wonder if I have anything extra special to warrant a whole book.
But I like you chapter headings here.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Carol-737878 said: Advice from Amy Owens--what she calls "the three golden questions" What's a ...
(Quote) Carol-737878 said:

Advice from Amy Owens--what she calls "the three golden questions"

What's a good Friday night for you? What's a good Saturday night for you? What's a good Sunday morning for you? Amy says, " When delivered in a friendly tone, these questions won't make your date feel intimidated, interrogated or defensive. Instead, he/she will feel invited to share as much or as little as he/she cares to. Be prepared to answer the same questions yourself. Better yet, simply share this information about yourself--instead of asking questions--is an effective way to get the conversation moving."

--hide--

These are good questions. However if a woman has not dated in a while, even these could be hard to answer!

I like to wind down on a Friday night but tis all depends on how the rest of the week has gone, the weather and so on.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
(Quote) John-220051 said: What is the key for a man to create a sense of attraction with a woman on a first date and after?
--hide--

Answer: small acts of kindness: engaging her in conversation, responding to her thoughts and ideas, praising her, opening the door for her, opening her car door (always impressive!!!), sending her a text or an email just to say hello, etc.

www.youtube.com about three minutes in he talks about getting a girl to fall in love with you and keep her there. Honestly, it is pretty easy to get a girl to fall in love you.

May 13th 2013 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: More questions:1) Do you have siblings?2) What is your birth order?3) How has tha...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

More questions:

1) Do you have siblings?
2) What is your birth order?
3) How has that affected you?
4) Who is your favorite saint?
5) What is your weekly/daily prayer regimen?
6) Have you ever tried a 54 day novena?
7)Who is your favoirte painter/artist?
8) What is your favorite period of art/music/literature?
9) What museums have you been to?
10)How do you like to social ize at work? Do you have friends there or do you keep to yourself?
11) Do you think our country is beoming more antiCatholic?
12) How do you see yourself making an impact on the world someday? (This one is very open ended!)

--hide--

Great list of questions, I'd like to add one, "Have you always been this hot or have you recently found your hotness?" eyepopping laughing

May 14th 2013 new
--hide--

I don't know about the ATTRACTION part, but you can begin to develop a relationship with a good woman in asking her a few questions about herself. These should not be too invasive, but should be directly related to her and her interests.

You can show attentiveness and caring, in careful listening, gentleness without being a "push-over," keeping your word, and being respectful of her.

Also, I don't know too many women who don't like a little laugh now and then. Make sure that you are funny though, and avoid jokes where she is the object.
May 14th 2013 new

--hide--

I'll agree with the aforementioned answers. But I'd like to add that, for me, if there is not a MENTAL attraction, nothing else will ever happen. I will be polite and try to engage the mind but if I can't its extremely difficult for me not to feel completely and utterly bored. Another perspective I might add to shed light on an answer is that -newsflash- dating sucks. After so many traumatic, wierd, crazy, and hurtful experiences, it can be very challenging to have a fence instead of a wall. I'm sure that's true for both genders. In short, it's more important to build trust and a mental connection first.

May 14th 2013 new

--hide--

Be present for her and listen to her. Be open and honest and be yourself. God bless you

Posts 61 - 67 of 67