Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Favorite Restaurant

May 13 new

I absolutely Love Bahama Breeze. There are two locations near me but the one the farthest away is the one I prefer. Their Cobb Salad is great. Plus they have live music nightly on the patio and light the firepit at 9 P.M. what can be better than that?

Do you have a favorite restaurant you'd like to share?

May 14 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: I absolutely Love Bahama Breeze. There are two locations near me but the one the farthest away is...
(Quote) Connie-17641 said:

I absolutely Love Bahama Breeze. There are two locations near me but the one the farthest away is the one I prefer. Their Cobb Salad is great. Plus they have live music nightly on the patio and light the firepit at 9 P.M. what can be better than that?

--hide--

Hi Connie! I have many favorite restaurants; however, the one I'm thinking of tonight is the Olive Garden. Chelle

May 14 new

(Quote) Connie-17641 said: I absolutely Love Bahama Breeze. There are two locations near me but the one the farthest away is...

--hide--

I have several favorites as well, Olive Garden being one of them (Chelle biggrin ). But, O Asian Fusion is awesome. Ray's Smokehouse - yep, Charleston's and a little family owned Italian place which is sadly no longer operating -- Tony's Italian Specialties. A new restaurant is there now named Rococo's I have wanted to try forever, but haven't made it there yet. (I am wondering if it is owned by the same family just a younger generation?)

May 14 new

A few come to mind.

Eat 'n Park. Family restaurant chain based in Pittsburgh; they have a location here in Morgantown. Good, inexpensive eats, with several healthy, low-calorie, low-sodium choices. And if you're feeling not so virtuous, their desserts are great too. They're famous for their smiley cookies. biggrin

IHOP -- currently the only restaurant in Morgantown where I can earn frequent flier miles through Rewards Network. I would say my favorite thing to get there is French toast.

Taziki's -- "fast casual" Mediterranean eatery with some great gyro sandwiches.

Red Lobster -- I love fish, so this is a natural.

Martin's BBQ -- Just had lunch there about an hour ago with my colleague Larry. I lost a bet to him on the outcome of this weekend's Tigers/Indians series. baseball (I'm a Tigers fan; he supports the Tribe.) The bet was loser buys lunch at Martin's. Losing never tasted so good. laughing

May 14 new
Most of my favorites are local spots: Michaels for hot dogs and burgers, casual and always crowded Walker bros. for pancakes (small chain) Italian Kitchen family owned Ruth's Chris's for steak. Hands down
May 14 new

The Tandoor hands down...small, local, family-owned Indian restaurant.

May 14 new

--hide--

I've never been to a Bahama Breeze, so I'll have to take your word for it, Connie. I have a few favorites myself -- sorry, I can't narrow down the list to just one... laughing

Favorite Pizza: A dead heat between Geno's East in Chicago (stuffed pizza) and Bruno's Pizza in South Bend, IN (traditional style).

Favorite Prime Rib: Skip's Other Place in New Buffalo, MI (although they've changed ownership recently and I haven't been there to check out the new guys). A close second: Malone's in Lexington, KY.

Favorite Ribs: Michelbob's Ribs in Naples, FL. Any time I'm in southwest Florida, I have to make the pilgrimage...

Favorite Ethnic Restaurant: King Gyros in Whitehall, OH. A little hole-in-the-wall Greek place in the Columbus suburbs that has the best Gyros in the country and great Baklava. A must-stop anytime I'm back home visiting family.

Most Fun: Hofbrau House in Newport, KY. Long picnic-style tables in rows (forces you to meet your dining neighbors) with great German food, an oompah band that invites you to sing along, and huge beer mugs. beer A great place to have fun on a weekend night and probably the closest I'll ever get to the real Oktoberfest...

Anyway, thanks for asking this food snob for his totally-unbiased opinion. wink laughing

May 14 new

(Quote) Lauren-927923 said: I have several favorites as well, Olive Garden being one of them (Chelle ). But, O Asia...
(Quote) Lauren-927923 said:

I have several favorites as well, Olive Garden being one of them (Chelle ). But, O Asian Fusion is awesome. Ray's Smokehouse - yep, Charleston's and a little family owned Italian place which is sadly no longer operating -- Tony's Italian Specialties. A new restaurant is there now named Rococo's I have wanted to try forever, but haven't made it there yet. (I am wondering if it is owned by the same family just a younger generation?)

--hide--

Hi Lauren! There's a fabulous pizza place around here called Tony's - they make it Chicago-style. We'll be getting dinner from there on Sunday! Chelle

May 15 new

Docksidebiggrin Chef

May 16 new
all your posts make me want to start to travel more to visit your "favorite spots"
Posts 1 - 10 of 32