Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

May 09 new

I am SOOOOO looking forward to this, Dawn! Have I said thank you and your helpers there in the Cincy area yet for setting it up? THANK YOU!!!!!

May 09 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I am SOOOOO looking forward to this, Dawn! Have I said thank you and your helpers there in the Cinc...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

I am SOOOOO looking forward to this, Dawn! Have I said thank you and your helpers there in the Cincy area yet for setting it up? THANK YOU!!!!!

--hide--

Yes thank you Dawn for bringing us together again! hug Can't wait to see you again Lucy! hug wave

May 09 new
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said: (Quote) Lucy-41785 said: I am SOOOOO looking forward to this, Dawn! Have I sa...
(Quote) Michelle-641892 said:

Quote:
Lucy-41785 said:

Yes thank you Dawn for bringing us together again! Can't wait to see you again Lucy!

--hide--
It is my pleasure, ladies!! I am really looking forward to this. Will be fun to see everyone!! June 2 will be here soon!

Everyone is welcome to join us!!
May 09 new

(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: The Cincy part of the Indy CM Crew is going to host a gathering of CMmers for the Greater Cincinnati's...
(Quote) Dawn-58330 said: The Cincy part of the Indy CM Crew is going to host a gathering of CMmers for the Greater Cincinnati's Annual Cross the Bridge for Life walk. Hundreds of prolifers will gather Sunday June 2 in Newport, KY at the World Peace Bell to walk across the Purple People Bridge (yes, that is it's name!) in prayerful support of all life.

We'd like to invite all of you to join us in this fun day! We will gather at The Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption in Covington, KY for 10:00 am Mass with Bishop Foys. After Mass we will grab a quick bite to eat, and then join everyone at the Peace Bell for the festivities, which begin at 1:30. There will be prayer, guest speakers, music and song, and free t-shirts. Get there early! Parking and t-shirts become scarce quickly!

The walk begins at 3:00. It's not long or difficult, but it is highly public as we traverse the Ohio River, cross into Cincinnati and come back. We will be done well before 4:00. Cincinnati JTM hamburgers are being served afterwards free to all walkers.

After the event is over our group will mostly like enjoy a famous Graeters' Icecream at a nearby parlor. Then we will decide what we do from there. Perhaps we will just kick back at a local park, take in some sites at Newport along the Levee or see a movie. It all depends on the mood, weather, and what crops up.

If anyone wants to come from out of town and make a weekend of it, let me know. We can make that happen. There are reasonably priced hotels very near me, and I will be glad to play hostess and show you around town. Perhaps Saturday would be a good day to take in the Cincinnati Zoo. (The Reds are out of town-- darn!)

Check out the official web page for the walk. I do hope you will join me and some of the Indy CM Crew for this fun and uplifting day! Don't hesitate to ask questions. An event page will be up soon in the "Events" section.

http://www.crossthebridgeforlife.com
--hide--

Sounds good. Count me in; I'll be there, God willing.

May 09 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sounds good. Count me in; I'll be there, God willing.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

Yeah!!!clap Steven, it will be good to meet you. I hope that you can join us at the cathedral for Mass and spend the whole day with us. Please check out the events page on CM and sign up there. Also, keep your eye on this thread, the event page, and your CM email-- I'll update you on all three.

I'm thinking it would be best to meet at 9:30 am at the cathedral for those of us going to Mass together. biggrin
May 09 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Sounds good. Count me in; I'll be there, God willing.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

--hide--

Yea, Steven! The more, the merrier, and what a great cause!

May 14 new
Getting really excited about this event!! hyper We have people coming from out of town and staying the weekend. We have KY, OH, and IN people coming in for the day. It's going to be a great time. biggrin I am so honored that I get to be hostess for this event. I'm really looking forward to meeting the wide range of men and women we have joining us. It takes a lot of courage to step out of one's comfort zone and join in something new-- so my hat's off to you!

We'd welcome any and all people who would still like to join us. There is no fee for this! No expenses except your own food and entertainment and lodging (if you are staying the weekend-- if anyone needs advice on this I will absolutely help you out!) Check out the events page for more details. wink

So let's stand up for Life, celebrate our Faith, make new Friends, and have a ton of Fun! party
May 14 new

rose Hey, Dawn!

I'd love to try and make it to this event. The Garden Center should be slowing down a bit by then, so count me in! wave

May 15 new
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said: Hey, Dawn! I'd love to try and make it to this event. The Garden Center should be slowing down a b...
(Quote) Tracy-929496 said:

Hey, Dawn!

I'd love to try and make it to this event. The Garden Center should be slowing down a bit by then, so count me in!

--hide--

Hi Tracy!!! hug It will be good to see you again! Check out the events' page and sign up there, please. Also, please let me know what your arrival/ travel plans are. It's going to be an awesome time!!
May 17 new
I'd love your input (and your 'twin planner' Mary's!) about putting together a CM campout at my place in Indiana this summer. My handsome (single) son is all for it and promises to keep the grills and firepit roaring!

There are several greenhouses those in tents could use, in case of inclement weather. The lake is teeming with catfish, crappie and bluegill and there's plenty of room for all.

One idea...one dozen free farm-fresh eggs to the first 20 members who sign up! What do you think?

I know, I know...setting a DATE for this event comes first. How about the end of June / first of July?

Dawn and Mary, I'm not doing it if you can't come!!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 50