Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Travis-390186 said: Don't know that my hometown is mentioned in any songs, but it does have an interesting story...
(Quote) Travis-390186 said:

Don't know that my hometown is mentioned in any songs, but it does have an interesting story to it. Roger Miller's song "King of the Road," was inspired while Roger Miller was visiting my hometown (long before my time), and drove through a neighborhood called "Garden City." Although it doesn't mention my hometown (the town it does mention is across the country) it does seem to have a connection to my hometown.

--hide--

"Every lock that ain't locked when no one's around..." smile

youtu.be

May 14th 2013 new

(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Umm. Cannot think of any San Diego songs
(Quote) Jacqueline-556574 said: Umm. Cannot think of any San Diego songs
--hide--

Tom Waits - San Diego Serenade

youtu.be

May 14th 2013 new

Allentown by Billy Joel

www.youtube.com

May 16th 2013 new
I grew up singing along with King of the Road. Didn't know it was about anyplace in particular until now.
Also sang along to "You Can't Rollerskate in a Buffalo Herd." What fun!
May 16th 2013 new
smile ...and rollerskating to Baby Elephant Walk, ha!
Sep 20th 2013 new
(quote) John-132457 said:

Just noticed that my hometown appears in the second or third verse in this one:

Mary Chapin Carpenter - This Shirt

Night Train- James Brown
Miami- Will Smith "And we all know that LA and Philly stay jiggy"
TSOP (The Sound of Philadelphia)- MFSB- It's an instrumental, but it's right there in the title!
Sep 21st 2013 new
This song America by Simon & Garfunkel not only mentions Saginaw, Michigan where I lived for many years, but also Pittsburg, where I lived for 4 years. The lyrics also include the name Kathy.
www.youtube.com
Sep 21st 2013 new
Well I think this pretty much says it all for my home town. laughing laughing laughing laughing

www.youtube.com

Sep 21st 2013 new
This song doesn't mention my hometown but was filmed within a mile from me.

The parts with the band is filmed in an abandoned steel mill on the river. Kid Rock is a big supporter of Detroit...and because he used this steel mill it is has brought in a couple of film crews to use the site.
youtu.be

Kid Rock......Let's Ride

KId Rock is also known to go to the Middle East at Christmas time and entertain the troops.

Sep 22nd 2013 new
being in the NYC metro area, there are plenty about NY, NY

Posts 101 - 110 of 111