Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

ANNULLED!!

May 15 new

Praises!! I received my final annulment decision today... free to marry in the Church!

Mixed emotions of sorrow (for my ex wife, and what could and SHOULD have been), and relief (that the church has found the grounds for divorce were legitimate, as terrible as divorce is.)

22 months from filing to 2nd decision receipt. Over three years since separation, more than two since civil divorce, and still on a journey of rebuilding and discovery.

Michael

May 15 new

Glad this page has been turned for you, Michael-

May 15 new

I glad you have the opportunity for a new beginning. It took me some time to absorb the information and get my feet back on the ground. May God bless you abundantly. theheart

May 15 new

(Quote) Jan-805954 said: I glad you have the opportunity for a new beginning. It took me some time to absorb the information...
(Quote) Jan-805954 said:

I glad you have the opportunity for a new beginning. It took me some time to absorb the information and get my feet back on the ground. May God bless you abundantly.

--hide--

Thank you, ladies. I am certain a long road lies ahead...but am learning to trust our Lord.

May 15 new
(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Praises!! I received my final annulment decision today... free to marry in the Church! Mixed ...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Praises!! I received my final annulment decision today... free to marry in the Church!

Mixed emotions of sorrow (for my ex wife, and what could and SHOULD have been), and relief (that the church has found the grounds for divorce were legitimate, as terrible as divorce is.)

22 months from filing to 2nd decision receipt. Over three years since separation, more than two since civil divorce, and still on a journey of rebuilding and discovery.

Michael

--hide--

Michael, I am so, so glad for you. Many prayers for you as you live this next chapter.
May 15 new

Michael,

That's great news! Could you tell the rest of us how the entire process works, how long it took you, what sessions you had to attend, a ballpark on how much it can cost, and anything else you might find useful to us, men?

Thank you

May 15 new

Haha! Big Congrats Michael!! It was bitter sweet for the 1st decision, but honestly, the 2nd one was just such a relief & full of joy! You're off to a beautiful start flower

May 16 new

Congratulations, Michael and many blessings as you move forward in your life. Praying theheart rosary

May 16 new
Congratulations and blessings to you. It is a mixed bag of feelings, but in a short while it will settle into your head and heart. I hope that you get to that feeling of contentment soon.
May 16 new
Congratulations Michael. Well written post on your mixed feelings. May God continue to bless you as you move forward.
Posts 1 - 10 of 25