Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Do I really want to meet my match on Catholic Match?
why did I sign up for this site in the first place?
I am happy with my life as it is, why interrupt it?
I'm a social person, I like my friends so why bring in new ones?

Just curious if any of these questions have popped into your heads lately. I often wonder why people choose to sign up for online sites where the goal is to meet new friends with the possibility of marriage down the road. We have so much to choose from on this site by way of the forums. Lots of ways to gain knowledge pertaining to many subjects. But, our real subject at hand is supposed to meet someone of the opposite sex for dating, isn't it? I hear so many women saying that no one contacts them. I'm positive the reason isn't because you aren't desirable. I think it is fear. We all fear the unknown. Sure, having someone close by is what we all hope for. LDR's are not easy for anyone but those who take that risk are showing the rest of us that it can be done. I believe all of us here on this site have something to offer another in the form of love, companionship, attentiveness and most importantly, friendship. If we all reach out and touch someone today just think what a brighter place we will put ourselves in and as a result you will have brightened another persons day as well. May God Bless today toward reaching your goals.
May 18 new
For me all I could say is your perfect match is going to pop up like magic. With my two cents, LDR's, they're pretty hard cause for one it's hard to be away from family and the people you grew up knowing. Online dating sites provide us with some help of finding someone. Sometimes it can take days, months, years to find our perfect match. We must never give up cause the day we give up could be the day we find that person.
May 18 new
Very nice Connie!!!! Hugs and I hope you have an awesome day!
May 18 new
(quote) Lauren-927923 said: Very nice Connie!!!! Hugs and I hope you have an awesome day!
I am thinking abt the woman above me, Lauren of Purcell, Oklahoma. I have gotten to know her through the fora and have been impressed by her deep faith, her love for her late husband and also her intelligence. She has a sunny, outgoing nature. Lauren has a master's degree in anthropology and is working on her dissertation to be a doctor of anthropology. She's one smart, soulful, lovable cookie! She is willing to relocate because her children are raised.

What can I say? rose Lauren is a catch! rose I hope that you men are able to perceive that because if you aren't, there's no hope for any of us here on Catholic Match!

Connie, I hope that you're OK with me taking this thread in this direction.
May 18 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: I am thinking abt the woman above me, Lauren of Purcell, Oklahoma. I have gotten to know her through the fora and have been impressed by her deep faith, her love for her late husband and also her intelligence. She has a sunny, outgoing nature. Lauren has a master's degree in anthropology and is working on her dissertation to be a doctor of anthropology. She's one smart, soulful, lovable cookie! She is willing to relocate because her children are raised.

What can I say? Lauren is a catch! I hope that you men are able to perceive that because if you aren't, there's no hope for any of us here on Catholic Match!

Connie, I hope that you're OK with me taking this thread in this direction.
Of course! although I haven't gotten to know lauren well yet, I love reading her posts. I can see she is a great catch. throw the bait Lauren to all those fishies in the sea!
May 18 new
(quote) Connie-17641 said: Of course! although I haven't gotten to know lauren well yet, I love reading her posts. I can see she is a great catch. throw the bait Lauren to all those fishies in the sea!
Connie, Thanks for being so open to this. Are you thinking of anyone today?
May 18 new
Your questions make me think of the difference between the dating vs courtship mindset. Some people want to date so to them having to take a road trip or fly to date someone is out of the question. But then some people want a courtship which is a bit more intentional and allows for a broader geography but with direct intentions. I'm not sure if one is better than the other me personally I'm open to both.
May 18 new
Do I really want to meet my match on Catholic Match?

It just one places I am look the woman will marry and have a family with. I have tried "other" online sites some I RAN away from.
May 18 new
(quote) Steven-958229 said: Do I really want to meet my match on Catholic Match?

It just one places I am look the woman will marry and have a family with. I have tried "other" online sites some I RAN away from.
this brings to mind how most of the women will put all their eggs in one basket, meaning CM, while most of the men drift away to try out other sites. Am I far off or on target?

personally, I have made friendships out of this site from another website but always come back to CM because I feel the men here are more honest with what and who they are looking for.
May 18 new
(quote) Joseph-903200 said: Your questions make me think of the difference between the dating vs courtship mindset. Some people want to date so to them having to take a road trip or fly to date someone is out of the question. But then some people want a courtship which is a bit more intentional and allows for a broader geography but with direct intentions. I'm not sure if one is better than the other me personally I'm open to both.
You Are right The Idea of "dating" we get TV, movies, pop songs, and books. Is not the as courtship. The one person I "dated", about haft time was spend on phone and TXTing with could be done by LDR.
Posts 1 - 10 of 23