Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-957429 said: I'm also new to this site, and have much the same problem expressed by Albert. What's the generally-accepted way to initiate contact with someone if you like her profile? I generally send an emotigram with a short, personal message, but usually don't get a response.
Your approach is personally reasonable. Keep doing that until you do get a response.

The one thing not to do is get caught up in the seemingly-endless stream of complaints about how other people (don't) act: it waste time and poisons your attitude.

May 18th 2013 new
Albert I have been on the site not quite a month and have experienced the same as you--few responses. I will continue to send out messages. At my age there are not that many men out there who want to date a 72 year old woman. Men seem to want a younger woman, but I will say the ones who I have gone out with were nice. Unfortunately the chemistry was not there. I will continue to pray.
May 18th 2013 new
I seriously wonder if anyone on this site is truly looking for a relationship. I've been through the sending emotigrams back and forth stage but no one ever seems to want to take the next step. I have 3 months left on my membership and then I think I'll start looking elsewhere.
May 18th 2013 new
(quote) Rachel-837886 said: Albert I have been on the site not quite a month and have experienced the same as you--few responses. I will continue to send out messages. At my age there are not that many men out there who want to date a 72 year old woman. Men seem to want a younger woman, but I will say the ones who I have gone out with were nice. Unfortunately the chemistry was not there. I will continue to pray.
Rachel, I am about your age & this may be a problem with getting responses. But there are plenty of guys around our age on this site. There are statistics in regard to men's ages somewhere else in the forums (can't remember where). It's a matter of chance, just like anything else. Yes, prayer & perseverance....God's will be done! theheart
May 20th 2013 new
Thanks Carol for your encouragement.
May 20th 2013 new
Nicole, do u think they have been burned by a divorce and now are afraid to get that involved with another?
May 21st 2013 new
If that is the case then I would hope he'd be honest about it. I know when a man sends a message and I am not interested, I find a courteous way to let him down. It's better than leaving a person hanging.
May 21st 2013 new
(quote) Pauline-931463 said:
I agree with Pedyne. I think you need to look into your position on premarital sex. Do not lie but pray and seek God in this area. That could be the deciding factor for many woman on this site. God bless you as you discern and pray.

I believe premarital sex is not a "go", yet also struggle with not receiving responses from women here.

Seems like so many women here don't know a good thing when they (could) have it. Not tooting my own horn, but sheesh!!

Blessings, all.

Michael
May 21st 2013 new
Nicole, I'd encourage you to stay here. I think most people here are good.

Seems like those on the forums are really the only ones really active. I don't know why so many people register with this site and ignore the blessing that is the people who frequent our forums. :-)

Michael
Posts 171 - 179 of 179