Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Moving To Alexandria

May 21st 2013 new
Just accepted a wonderful job near Washington DC, feeling a bit apprehensive about the move. Any CMers near Alexandria VA? Looking to make new friends and can't think of a better resource than here. This is a big change from my tiny upstate NY hamlet...
May 22nd 2013 new
Barbara, there is an event get-together for CMers in the area. Its a picnic and hike on June 2 in the afternoon. check out the events page for more details. Welcome to the area!
Helena
May 22nd 2013 new
Thanks, Helena, Not used to living in an area that has events, didn't think about that, nice!
May 22nd 2013 new
Once you get settled, hold an event of your own, a "Welcome to ME!!!" dinner. All you have to do is make a reservation and let folks know. Or we can do McDonald's. biggrin There are tons of people in MD/Northern VA & others who would be willing to drive down.
Hoping the move goes easily for you!
May 22nd 2013 new
Hi Barbara,
I am in Silver Spring, MD which is not far from Alexandria. I also lived in northern VA for quite a few years prior to moving to MD. Good luck with the move and feel free to send me a message.
Pam
May 22nd 2013 new
Thanks, Pam and Marge, and Helena. Would love to contact people pretty soon. I move down there June 1st, the event is June 2nd, and I start work June 3rd, so that will be a fun weekend! I'm staying with my daughter in Alexandria until I find a place, looks like a beautiful area.
May 23rd 2013 new
I look forward to hearing from you Barbara. I will be out of town so I have to pass on the June gathering.
Pam
Jun 3rd 2013 new
Hi Barbara,

There are plenty of us in this area. Check out the events page as I'm starting to firm up a CM event in range of your area or within an hour..

Blessings,
Michelle.
Jun 13th 2013 new
Thanks, Michelle will look forward to that! I love my new job here. People are very friendly in Virginia!
Posts 1 - 9 of 9