Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Mar 17th 2013 new

(Quote) Naomi-825244 said: "For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry,...
(Quote) Naomi-825244 said:

"For the great Gaels of Ireland Are the men that God made mad, For all their wars are merry, And all their songs are sad."

GK.

I love traditional Irish songs and drinking songs and will often turn off the radio on my way home from work so that I can sing them at the top of my lungs. If you know any what are your favorites? If you aren't into the traditional songs, who are your favorite bands? I know I know! It is too difficult to pick!!!

My favorite ballad is Tim Finnigans Wake (a rousing song about the frivolities that take place during a wake. ) and The Foggy Dew (an angry song about the Easter Rebellion), The Wind that Shakes the Barley, to name a few. All sung by the Clancy Brothers.

--hide--
I can't remember the words exactly, but they said in affect that almost no one can sing, "Danny Boy" well. Some think that is no longer true. To quote from the youtube page:

So many singers, unknown as well as famous, have unsuccessfully sang this Irish song. I admit this is a hard song to sing but to me, this version by Eva Cassidy is perfection if ever there is perfection. I don't believe anyone can sing this song as beautifully and with as much sincere emotion as Eva.

www.youtube.com

Mar 17th 2013 new
Love Celtic Thunder! Clover

Come by the Hills - www.youtube.com
May 22nd 2013 new
A nice one is called Spanil Hill about an Irish emigrant who dreams he was back home in Ireland.
May 22nd 2013 new
I just love Celtic music period. I wish I could name a song per se. . . I do have one, it is Scottish in origin Bonnie Susie Cleland --- somehow linked to the family but is a really sad tale -- her father kills her because she falls in love with an Englishman :-(((. . .
May 23rd 2013 new
Both of these are such classics :-) I love 'em. Have you guys heard The Three Tenors?? Three Irish Priests who sing, they are awesome. My mom always cries when she hears Danny Boy. Another that I like but isn't really Celtic per se, is Amazing Grace on the bag pipes.
May 23rd 2013 new
I love most of those songs, and those I don't love, I don't know. Gaelic Storm is my favorite Celtic band.
Posts 31 - 36 of 36