Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

How many kinds of smiles are there?

How many kinds of smiles have you experienced?

Who's your favorite smiler?

John biggrin smile biggrin

May 23rd 2013 new
Here's a favorite poem. Thanks for the reminder:
There are smiles that make us happy.There are smiles that make us blue.There are smiles that steal away the sadnessAs the sunshine steals away the dew.There are smiles that the eyes of love alone can see.But the smiles that fill my heart with gladness are the smiles you give to me.
May 23rd 2013 new
Here's a favorite poem. Thanks for the reminder:
There are smiles that make us happy.There are smiles that make us blue.There are smiles that steal away the sadness as the sunshine steals away the dew.There are smiles that the eyes of love alone may see.But the smiles that fill my heart with gladness are the smiles that you give to me.
May 23rd 2013 new
Okay, it's such a favorite, I messed it up twice! Here's the real deal:
There are smiles that make us happy, There are smiles that make us blue, There are smiles that steal away the tear-drops as the sunbeams steal away the dew.There are smiles that have a tender meaning, That the eyes of love alone may see, But the smiles that fill my life with sunshine are the smiles that you give to me.J. Will Callahan
May 23rd 2013 new
I love that poem Kathy!! I am going to save it.

Do you guys remember autograph books? I had one as a child and my grandmother and mother both wrote in it: "Smile and the world smiles with you, weep and you weep alone."

There are so many different kinds of smiles -- welcoming, happy, gleeful, delighted, peaceful, gentle, naughty, impish, playful, smirking, proud, accomplished, acknowledged, revealed, recognition, teasing, bashful, self-effacing. . .

My current favorite smiler is the wee one, my grandbaby. He has a smile that truly lights the room and he is such a happy contented baby he smiles most of the time. In the last few weeks, he also started the cute, bashful flirty little smile coupled with those big blue eyes looking up at you from beneath his incredibly long eyelashes (why is it boys get the best eyelashes???).

My children have beautiful smiles and both my son and his dad have/had that naughty, impish grin that makes you want to both throttle them and hug them. What a gift smiles are. . .
May 23rd 2013 new
Mother Teresa had a lot to say about smiles :-) The beginning of love, of peace, a gift to another person. . .
May 23rd 2013 new
irked BLAAAAH!!! I was going to post that!!!
May 23rd 2013 new
Somewhere in Hamlet, Shakespeare says: A man may smile and smile and be a villain. scratchchin
May 23rd 2013 new
Smile with your eyes. Eyes make the smile more genuine and warm. The best smiles for me are children's smiles....makes me melt. biggrin
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Kathy-635104 said: Here's a favorite poem. Thanks for the reminder:
There are smiles that make us happy.There are smiles that make us blue.There are smiles that steal away the sadnessAs the sunshine steals away the dew.There are smiles that the eyes of love alone can see.But the smiles that fill my heart with gladness are the smiles you give to me.
Hi Kathy,

Thanks for posting those line of verse. The words of that poem have a nice, friendly tone that warms one to the bone. smile

John

Posts 1 - 10 of 15