Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Were you signed out of CM at the time you did the Google search and saw the private results? The last time I checked this (about 6 months ago), only CM members who were signed in at the time would see personal information such as profile photos in the Google search results.

I just answered my own question: those who are not signed in to CM are not being presented with sanitized pages as they have been in the past.

I just submitted a Help ticket on this.

May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: Were you signed out of CM at the time you did the Google search and saw the private results? The last time I checked this (about 6 months ago), only CM members who were signed in at the time would see personal information such as profile photos in the Google search results.

Yes. I made sure I was logged out. The other female members also made sure they were logged out. Jerry, we were horrified that anyone who googled "Catholic Singles/Match plus city/state" could see our photos shuffled across the computer screen. We felt violated. It's not the public's business that we are on CM. It's been a while since I retested this, but a former member recently did so and relayed that it was still happening. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes. I made sure I was logged out. The other female members also made sure they were logged out. Jerry, we were horrified that anyone who googled "Catholic Singles/Match plus city/state" could see our photos shuffled across the computer screen. We felt violated. It's not the public's business that we are on CM. It's been a while since I retested this, but a former member recently did so and relayed that it was still happening. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
I agree, and this is true. I am very uncomfortable with this. It is not a exclusive private site.
I belong to a art site and it is very exclusive and you can't get into their forums unless you are a member.
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Mary-486033 said: Yes. I made sure I was logged out. The other female members also made sure they were logged out. Jerry, we were horrified that anyone who googled "Catholic Singles/Match plus city/state" could see our photos shuffled across the computer screen. We felt violated. It's not the public's business that we are on CM. It's been a while since I retested this, but a former member recently did so and relayed that it was still happening. Thank you in advance for any help on this matter.
It was not intentional. That is why I have posted on several times that if a feature or information is different to assume it is a bug or oversight and let us know. I suspect it will be updated tomorrow. All that being said as a rule of thumb, login or otherwise no one should assume any kind of privacy when they post something online no matter how big or small the website. However once the update is made you will not be able to view member info in forums posts unless logged in.
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: This may already have been addressed, but I don't see it. Has the "responses to your posts" feature been
eliminated, or perhaps relocate and/or renamed ?
It's a blue button on the menu bar tot he left of the three gear menu. There has been a change in behavior: rather than displaying 0 unread responses, the button is not displayed until there are again unread responses (the actual definition of "unread" in this case being somewhat baffling...)

May 23rd 2013 new
Is it just me or has anyone else had this happen...

If i enter a Topic, and without doing anything else ..ie i'm still on the first page of the topic.. i have to click the back arrow 2x before it takes me out of the Thread.

Using Windows 7 and Firefox browser.. on a Lenovo Thinkpad. biggrin
May 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Dave-146273 said: Is it just me or has anyone else had this happen...

If i enter a Topic, and without doing anything else ..ie i'm still on the first page of the topic.. i have to click the back arrow 2x before it takes me out of the Thread.

Using Windows 7 and Firefox browser.. on a Lenovo Thinkpad.
My experience with the back arrow in the forums has been inconsistent, even before the change. If I want to go back, I usually use the Forum Nav menu.

May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: It's a blue button on the menu bar tot he left of the three gear menu. There has been a change in behavior: rather than displaying 0 unread responses, the button is not displayed until there are again unread responses (the actual definition of "unread" in this case being somewhat baffling...)

Now I see it. Thanks very much. I liked it better when the icon appeared whether there were new unread responses or not. Also, there used to be a week or two of post response history that seems to have been discontinued. I wish that would come back too.
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Kevin-40666 said: Now I see it. Thanks very much. I liked it better when the icon appeared whether there were new unread responses or not. Also, there used to be a week or two of post response history that seems to have been discontinued. I wish that would come back too.
I agree about the button being displayed regardless of the count.

It does appear there is a full week of history. However, there is also a bug: the Last button functions the same as the Next button, so you have to keep clicking it to get to the true end of the list (or edit the offset parameter in the URL on the address bar...)

May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Jerry-74383 said: ...It does appear there is a full week of history. ...

- which I didn't see before but do now. Thanks again,
Posts 21 - 30 of 90