Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Outdoor mass at my parish cemetery, weather permitting.
Visiting my grandparents and uncles graves to tidy them up and say some prayers.
My first trip to the Farmer's Market.
Resting biggrin
May 24th 2013 new
Hi Suzanne, A little shopping with my daughter, ballroom dancing Saturday night with fellow students, and Mass on Memorial day morning with a visit to the cemetery to visit the graves of my husband, Mom and other family members.
May 24th 2013 new
My daughter is living in WI for the summer, so she, her boyfr and I will have a nice meal together. Our local farmers market will be open tomorrow, so I'll be walking there. I live just a few minutes walk from the park where our farmers market is located. The food is so good.
I already had today off and spent it taking carpet and linoleum out of a soggy basement. In my spare time (ha!) faint I'm a landlord, and that was in my "problem" apartment. The upstairs was almost totally rehabbed earlier this year. I like the hands-on quality of being a landlord and being able to offer people a stable place to live. Don't earn much money, but I believe this is a calling for me, too. cool
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Margo-404841 said: My daughter is living in WI for the summer, so she, her boyfr and I will have a nice meal together. Our local farmers market will be open tomorrow, so I'll be walking there. I live just a few minutes walk from the park where our farmers market is located. The food is so good.
I already had today off and spent it taking carpet and linoleum out of a soggy basement. In my spare time (ha!) I'm a landlord, and that was in my "problem" apartment. The upstairs was almost totally rehabbed earlier this year. I like the hands-on quality of being a landlord and being able to offer people a stable place to live. Don't earn much money, but I believe this is a calling for me, too.
Hi Margo! You remind me of my last landowner. He often said his philosophy was to provide people with a safe, affordable place to live, and he proved it in how he treated his tenants. There are not many like you in the world! With that said, for those of us who have experienced it, it's a wonderful opportunity. I hope to be that type of landowner/landlord myself one day.

In answer to the topic question, we are staying at home, having a relaxing day, and trying to make homemade mac 'n cheese. Happy Memorial Day! Chelle
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Chelle-924354 said: Hi Margo! You remind me of my last landowner. He often said his philosophy was to provide people with a safe, affordable place to live, and he proved it in how he treated his tenants. There are not many like you in the world! With that said, for those of us who have experienced it, it's a wonderful opportunity. I hope to be that type of landowner/landlord myself one day.

In answer to the topic question, we are staying at home, having a relaxing day, and trying to make homemade mac 'n cheese. Happy Memorial Day! Chelle
My daughter and her husband are coming in from Chicago for the weekend. We are going to a Detroit Tiger baseball game on Saturday. We will do some kayaking on Sunday. I too am a landlord. I own a commercial building with an apartment above. My 20 year old son just moved into the apartment. I hope I am doing the right thing. He is a good kid and seems to be rising to the occasion of being on his own. crossfingers wave
May 24th 2013 new
(quote) Suzanne-930338 said: Outdoor mass at my parish cemetery, weather permitting.
Visiting my grandparents and uncles graves to tidy them up and say some prayers.
My first trip to the Farmer's Market.
Resting

Just relaxing ... don't really enjoy getting out on the freeway with the others on a holiday weekend ... and this evening, I purchased a six-pack of Sam Adams Summer Ale ... heard it advertised, and I've already tried one ... it's great!

beer Cheers! smile

May 25th 2013 new
I totally forgot it's Memorial Day Weekend. Cheers for living abroad!
May 25th 2013 new
eyebrow Huh? Why? You're missing out on a three-day weekend.
May 25th 2013 new
Joint graduation party for my daughter and nephew. (So that means cooking but no cleaning because I'm going to my brother's)
a birthday party, Mass, and Memorial Day remembrances(last band performance for my daughter)
May 25th 2013 new
usually we all go to the cabin for the first family event of the summer and open the cabin up. But, no one has mentioned it this year and with the tornadoes I think we are all a little off balance. So I may go down for a day or so. I am going tonight up to my friend's house who lives near Stillwater about two hours north to have a Byzantine Feast with her and her husband and her friend who is visiting from San Francisco. So that should be fun. Tomorrow we may be having a cookout for our friends and colleagues who are leaving for Belgium and a graduate program there -- very sad that they are going but very happy for them.
We set Pete's headstone last Saturday on my birthday, so I may visit his grave and I might not. I will definitely call my son and thank him for his service :-).

Just going to enjoy the days off. I am having serious summer fever I think. I am having a terrible time focusing on work, or accomplishing things like chores lol. I just want some down time. And, we are going to North Carolina for ten days on the 6th of June. . .for my son's wedding and a little family vacation. Maybe that's my problem lol I can't wait to get going :-).
Posts 1 - 10 of 15