Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

A Week on the Beach

May 24th 2013 new
One of my bucket list items was to rent a house on a beach somewhere in North Carolina for a week. Anyone else interested?

This idea is for the summer of either 2014 or 2015. I know the rent is considerable for a beach house, so the idea is to organize 10 or 12 people for this to share costs. Thought I'd just put the idea out there to see if any CMers are interested. Let me know!
May 25th 2013 new
Sounds like fun, Lina! I loved the Misty of Chincoteague books as a girl, and it has been on my list to get to the barrier islands and see the horses. Course, I'm a little nervous about hurricanes.. eyepopping .

Maybe Allen or Joyce could help us out with ideas....
May 25th 2013 new
Hi Lina,

I am going to the beach at Emerald Island, NC in a week and a half. The cost wasn't tooo bad and divided by several people would be not bad at all. Let me know, I think I would be interested in coming again. And, the earlier you reserve the better the price :-).
May 25th 2013 new
Yikes, I am leaving for North Carolina on June 2nd. Want to come with me Lina? My daughter and I are driving to Penland NC where she will be teaching art classes for the summer. I was planning on driving to the coast to see my cousins (author, Nicholas Sparks) mansion and then driving to the outer banks and possibly to Virginia Beach to visit Joyce from CM PHX.
Bev, the ponies from Chincoteque Island are on the coast of Maryland, further north. My kids saw them years ago when they were visiting their cousins near D.C.
I don't know about the coast of North Carolina, I would rather visit the coast of S. Carolina, like Myrtle Beach area and Charleston.
My sister goes to the coast of the gulf of Mexico at least once a year; she used to live in Tallahassee Florida so that is her idea of a "beach".
Sorry I can't plan 2014 yet as I am still planning 2013 (and loving it!). We just got back from spending a week on Kauaii; what a fun place to spend a week!! It is 100 times better than any amusement park.
May 25th 2013 new
Hi Joan,

I'm leaving by car the 6th, we are supposed to check into our beach house on the 8th. I don't know how far Penland, is from Havelock?? How long will you be there?

May 25th 2013 new
I should mention that being at the seashore for a week was to include my son, as I wanted him to have this experience and for me to experience it with him. So I'd be open for others to include their kids too.

For this summer, the best I can do for a trip is to try to make it to Janet's Calif event.
May 25th 2013 new
Thanks for the clarification Lina. I have 4 kids so that would be too much for me. We just spent a week on Kauii in a one room rustic cabin (think one HUGE great room with beds and no TV or internet) It was truly an adventure.
May 25th 2013 new
I'm still interested Lina, but I will leave my kiddos at home since they are all grown ups :-))). But, I have absolutely no problem with other people's kiddos.
May 25th 2013 new
What a great idea Lina. I would be interested and would have to bring my son.
May 25th 2013 new
My son is 16 now, will be 17 or 18 when/if this event happens. He's always acted much more maturely than his age, just fyi.

I'm gratified by the interest! We'll see what happens as time goes on. (First will be CM Phx/Tucson in the Fall!)
Posts 1 - 10 of 45