Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Mark Levin vs Michael Savage

May 25th 2013 new

Ilm not sure if anyone heard Levin's broadcast the other night, but in his first hour he directly challenged Savage. I listen to both of them, and I think they are both very intelligent, and well-read people; they both contribute a lot to the conservative movement. I've notcied that they have been attacking each other for a couple of years now, and it's getting to be like an episode of WWF wrestling. Why can't they get a long?
May 25th 2013 new
We as Catholic Christians, as conservatives, as political animals, are not a bunch of automatons practicing groupthink. We have significant differences among us as we should. Unless our Republican party recognizes and addresses our differences and stops creating artificial litmus tests to pass in order to be real Republicans, it will continue to fail.
In my opinion, Michael Savage has gone 'round the bend a long time ago, and constantly brags about how smart he is. Mark Levin is impossible for callers to have dialogue with unless they fawn all over him with praise. He'll scream them into silence otherwise. They each have their good points to be sure, but would you want either of them in public office? I wouldn't. There are better people to emulate, and you won't necessarily find them on talk radio.
May 25th 2013 new
Ron Paul for instance; but the RNC, as well as Fox News, went out of their way to sideline him.
May 25th 2013 new
(quote) Greg-902815 said: Ron Paul for instance; but the RNC, as well as Fox News, went out of their way to sideline him.
Ron Paul was also cheated out of many delegate votes during the campaign. Had the RNC welcomed him and his considerable following instead of rudely dismissing them at their convention, I believe we would have had a chance last November. From what I see so far, the my-way-or-the-highway Republican party is far from learning this lesson.
May 25th 2013 new
I agree with you Peter that, as you wrote.... "Michael Savage has gone 'round the bend a long time ago, and constantly brags about how smart he is."

I may have some agreement with him on some issues (certainly not all), but I find his personality to be quite objectionable. He was apparently raised within Jewish traditions, so I wouldn't expect him to be Christian or Catholic Christian. I just have a very low tolerance for listening to him. He seems so full of himself. He brags about his intelligence. He just laps it up when callers shower praise upon him. Way too much of an over-inflated ego for me. I think that he projects a bad image for conservatives. I guess that I am glad to know that he is not Catholic. I would hate to think that we would have a Catholic of his visibility and objectionable personality on the radio every day.

Just my thoughts.

Ed
May 25th 2013 new
Listen to Hugh Hewitt. He is fair and he is very Christian and a heck of a lot calmer that either of those two:)
May 26th 2013 new
Hi Laura, don't forget Dennis Prager ! www.dennisprager.com
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) ED-20630 said: I agree with you Peter that, as you wrote.... "Michael Savage has gone 'round the bend a long time ago, and constantly brags about how smart he is."

I may have some agreement with him on some issues (certainly not all), but I find his personality to be quite objectionable. He was apparently raised within Jewish traditions, so I wouldn't expect him to be Christian or Catholic Christian. I just have a very low tolerance for listening to him. He seems so full of himself. He brags about his intelligence. He just laps it up when callers shower praise upon him. Way too much of an over-inflated ego for me. I think that he projects a bad image for conservatives. I guess that I am glad to know that he is not Catholic. I would hate to think that we would have a Catholic of his visibility and objectionable personality on the radio every day.

Just my thoughts.

Ed
Yes, yes, yes. Michael Savage's ego gets in the way of his show.

I cannot take the ego thing anymore, myself.

Michael Savage is Jewish and from the Bronx. He was from the part of
the Bronx which was a Jewish area. I think he was educated by
the City University of New York which was free for NYC Residents of his age.

He was a social worker in his early days, then went on to get a PhD in Nutrition
or something. That is why he is Dr. Savage.

I just don't get why his self loving should be a constant subject on his show.
And he seems to offend people easily. Something happened with him and
England and he was not allowed in that country.

I have to say that all those men and women who go on the radio and try to
show how we as Americans are being taken advantage of by our Government
should be given praise. After all, their lives may be in jeopardy by those in
the Government who they expose.

So, we should be grateful to them, even if we cannot take their radio personalities
very easily. And we all know, our loving President wants to limit conservative
talk radio. That is what he said in his early days.

May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Bernie-645443 said: Hi Laura, don't forget Dennis Prager ! http://www.dennisprager.com/
I do like Dennis Prager. I listen to him in the mornings here in NY.
May 29th 2013 new
Why so they argue? It is good for ratings. It is a common radio gimmick. I think they are both phony although I would gladly listen to either over Hannity. Blah.
Posts 1 - 10 of 10