Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

How important is it to you that a person's profile shows that they have the same preference in number of children that you do?
May 26th 2013 new
Hi Danielle,

I don't know if this will answer your question but one thing is clear in my mind. That it is not for me alone to decide the number of children that I would have. It is between me, my spouse and God. For this reason, I answered "no ideal number" because I want to be open to having the number of children that God wants me and my future spouse to have based on a prayerful discernment of God's will for our family.

Having said that, I am praying to God to 'hurry up' in giving me my future spouse so that I could have the children that he wants me to have. Of course, I am kidding. laughing While I pray and work on it, I leave everything to God's loving providence.

Have a great day! biggrin

May 26th 2013 new
Great response.
May 26th 2013 new
I only look at it as an indicator of a person's comfort level with large groups of people...or perhaps of a man's confidence in his ability to provide for a family.
Beyond that, I don't pay much attention to it. Besides...eventually the kids move out and it becomes a moot point. . wink
May 26th 2013 new
As I am nearing the end of my childbearing capability, it is only an issue if someone wants children. As for number, I wanted ten, Pete wanted two, God gave us four. But, I would have taken twenty lol and in a way did as we fostered a number of kiddos along the way. I think in cases where we decide we are having this many at these times, it's only because God also wanted that, not necessarily because of anything we do or don't do, plan or don't plan. As my mom says, Babies come when babies are supposed to come, not before and not after and sometimes through the window.
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Great response.
Thank you, Marge. biggrin
May 26th 2013 new
(quote) Danielle-960603 said: How important is it to you that a person's profile shows that they have the same preference in number of children that you do?
Not at all. I have two children from my first marriage and would like as many more as our Lord will bless me with, should I find a wife.

Children are indeed blessings. I'm open to as many as God will allow me to help set on the right path. In the end, we can SAY how many children we want, but God directs that little detail. :-)

Michael
May 26th 2013 new
I have said it before and I will say it again: children are a gift, not a given. Personally I feel CM should remove that question as GOD is the one who is in control. He determines how many (if any) children a couple will be "GIFTED".
May 26th 2013 new
When i was a teenager I wanted 10 kids, then that changed after I worked in day care ( i worked with 2 year olds) well now considering i'm not getting any younger. I will take 2 kids, but I'm also willing to adopt. I belong to parish where alot of families adopt children. I also believe adoption is a gift from God.
May 26th 2013 new
I agree that we need to be open to God's plan for the # of kids I'd have, but if God's will is in concordance with mine I'd say it's important for my future wife to want to have a lot of kids
Posts 1 - 10 of 43