Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Location, location, location

May 28th 2013 new
How long have you lived in your town/area, and why?
May 28th 2013 new
My entire life. I grew up in the Chicago suburbs, went to college an grad school here and never left (although have move a few times within the area and my life)
like the seasons here and think the area is great. Could do with a bit less snow though
May 28th 2013 new
I live in Gdansk Poland right now because I got a post-graduation position with the Fulbright program. I'm here for less than a month and I'm heading back home!

Gdansk has been wonderful, but I'm ready to be back in America!
May 28th 2013 new
I live in Gdansk Poland right now because I got a post-graduation position with the Fulbright program. I'm here for less than a month and I'm heading back home!

May 28th 2013 new

May 28th 2013 new
I grew up in the northwest corner of Indiana & lived there for over 30 years.
My husband had a job transfer to Milwaukee & I absolutely loved living there for 2 years. Then we had to move to the Philadelphia area for 1 1/2 years.
Thankfully, we were able to relocate to Indianapolis which was an ideal situation for me & our family for 30 years.
Now I am in San Diego County and glad to be here to escape the ice & snow.
May 28th 2013 new
I grew up in South Jersey and except for 3 years in Colorado, I lived there for most of my life. 15 years ago I moved to North Carolina to be closer to my children and grand-children. I sometimes miss the variety of food and being close to Philly and NYC and the shore; but I really couldn't think of being anywhere else but NC.
May 28th 2013 new
Been "out here" in Winchester VA for 20 years. I can afford to live by myself in Winchester and it has everything one needs except a gazillion people to crowd everything and everyplace you turn!! It's also close enough to most of my kids to be able to get there for visits and far enough away so that they can't just 'drop in' unannounced! wink Spent most of 31 years before Winchester "in there", which is Fairfax/Annandale VA. Left South Bend IN for Fairfax when I got married because spouse was from Alexandria VA and that's what we did back then.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: How long have you lived in your town/area, and why?
Approximately 42 years.My parents came here when the community was built.When I got married I was still in the area.Back to original place now. biggrin
It's convenient ,lots of things that you need like the Catholic Church theheart ,parks,pool,tennis courts ,supermarkets,beach in the area or nearby. The people are generally friendly and helpful.Great place for children to grow up.Lot's of people who grew up in the area with me have married and stayed here. You get a Gold Star!
May 28th 2013 new
I've been here in Winnipeg since February 2012. I came here to start a new job with a company that was a vendor to two previous companies I was employed with. I was laid off from one of those jobs, and the other was a term position.
Posts 1 - 10 of 36