Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

7/7 Query Calculation Error

May 28th 2013 new
Just saw a "Yes to most" where she answered Yes to all 7 Faith questions.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: Just saw a "Yes to most" where she answered Yes to all 7 Faith questions.
Have you informed the admin with the data they need to follow up and correct?
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-971967 said: Have you informed the admin with the data they need to follow up and correct?
John - CM Admin monitors this Forum. Rather than send specifics in a Help Ticket, as a Programmer, I know just letting them know the calculation arriving at "Yes to most" can be debugged by simple testing.

Thank you for your concern, We all want an outstanding CM database design.
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Bob-59786 said: John - CM Admin monitors this Forum. Rather than send specifics in a Help Ticket, as a Programmer, I know just letting them know the calculation arriving at "Yes to most" can be debugged by simple testing.

Thank you for your concern, We all want an outstanding CM database design.
Your point is well taken, but I would still contact them with the specific data you have. It seems to be a unique anomaly and not a relational inconsistency. Relational inconsistency would result in many such incidents which just does not appear to manifest itself in the 45+ age category. So, your specific direction to the specific profile would take care of it much faster. It would reveal the "nature" of the anomaly immediately.

I have viewed a significant number of profiles (over the age of 45) and there is ample evidence that the programming is functioning properly. I have yet to see a "NO" to all seven (0/7). I have seen a couple of "Yes to SOME" (1/7, 2/7, 3/7) and many, many, many, many "Yes to MOST" (4/7, 5/7, (6/7).

What interests me most is "Yes to ALL" (7/7) seven.

Ah, I can think of a possible relational inconsistency...

I wonder if it could be that a person chooses not to answer a question one way or another, whereas they are a yes to all of the "answered" questions, but do not answer all seven, but the formula for the "summary" field simply calculates it on the basis of seven. Thus the apparent error.

May 29th 2013 new
Hi Bob, When someone updates their responses to the faith questions, the section of their profile that shows, "Yes to All - Most - Some - None" will update overnight when the system updates itself. If the same profile appears incorrectly for more than two days, we definitely want to know about this.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi Bob, When someone updates their responses to the faith questions, the section of their profile that shows, "Yes to All - Most - Some - None" will update overnight when the system updates itself. If the same profile appears incorrectly for more than two days, we definitely want to know about this.
Mystery solved!
This did pique my curiosity... and brought the tinkerer (is that a word?) in me out...

+1 to Bob & Debbie. Man this site is really impressive in the way it works so well!
FWIW, I don't impress so easily laughing
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: Hi Bob, When someone updates their responses to the faith questions, the section of their profile that shows, "Yes to All - Most - Some - None" will update overnight when the system updates itself. If the same profile appears incorrectly for more than two days, we definitely want to know about this.
Debbie - I will try to find her Profile, and report back here. Thank you - Bob
May 29th 2013 new
Debbie - I found her Profile. She's now a "Yes to all". All is beautiful - thank you - Bob
Posts 1 - 8 of 8