Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

May 28th 2013 new
(quote) John-34848 said: The dream never dies. I'm still open to dating and a relationship. I do participate when I can and stay positive. I am only alone when I think I am. When I remember who is really with me, I am never alone.

Thanks you, John. I saw somewhere on the forums that you sang "My Darling Clementine" during the get together in Phoenix. Sounds like fun. Yukon Territory, however, sounds cold and dark. How does that fit with your being single? How do you turn that around to your favor?
May 28th 2013 new
Margo from Fargo, I have no wise words for you, just encouragement and prayers. I feel this too and so do many people I have encountered, but then BAM God sends them someone, in all age groups. He will see you through. Think of the footprints poem. (I'm still waiting too) Praying hug rose heart theheart wink
May 28th 2013 new
Why would I ever give up? All things are possible!
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Allen-311949 said: Why would I ever give up? All things are possible!
I'm with you, Allen! crossfingers
May 28th 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Margo from Fargo, I have no wise words for you, just encouragement and prayers. I feel this too and so do many people I have encountered, but then BAM God sends them someone, in all age groups. He will see you through. Think of the footprints poem. (I'm still waiting too)
Jane, Allen and Carol,
Thanks for the encouragement. Sometimes I have growing pains, even at my age. God bless you all for your wisdom and encouragement.
May 28th 2013 new
I would have given up years ago if there were a place to go to put in my papers and have the desire taken from me. The desire to love and be loved won't go away, so I am stuck hoping against hope that tomorrow might be different, but how can one give up when the desire just won't go away?
May 28th 2013 new
did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps it's not God's will? I too have been single for twenty-seven yrs., engaged twice long time ago but got cold feet. Now, I've been ready to meet Mr. right for the past eight or nine yrs. and, no luck.
I'm either being picked by very old men, men much younger then myself, men I'm not attracted to or if we start making contact, they soon stop?

At this point in my life, I'm just looking for great male marriage companionship and most men are looking for more then companionship.

I believe that we can continue to hope but sometimes we need to come to the conclusion that God wants something else for us.
May 29th 2013 new
Hi Margo,
I can't exactly answer this question because I haven't really even begun to look, not really, just put out some feelers. I don't think you should give up, per se, but perhaps just be and see what happens.

I recently had a chewing out, undeserved, but chewing out none the less from not my own child but a friend of one of my daughter's who suggested I was just letting life pass me by and neglecting my grown children. So, I accepted every invitation that came my way since Friday. I went to dinner Friday night to celebrate my friends little boy's 8th birthday. Saturday I drove two hours to have dinner with another friend and her husband and some of their friends, then two hours home. Sunday I went to a good bye party for my friends who are going to Belgium for a doctoral program. Monday, I drove the hour to the city and surprised my brother and his family by actually showing up to the cookout, they had invited me to. Tonight, I picked up my daughter to go shoe shopping for the wedding, had dinner with two of my daughters and the friend who suggested I was just sitting on my duff. Gave them money to go shoe shopping and joined my lab mates for trivia but ended up at another bar patio just talking and meeting a new potential post doc for our lab. And, tomorrow night we will have game night at the house of one of my lab mates.

At dinner tonight, my two daughters and the friend, provided a mini intervention complaint that I was spending too much time out socializing. I have two pending get togethers that I need to arrange.

And. I am totally exhausted, but I have had a good time. But, by golly I am not going to just sit at home and wait for the kiddos to come visit. My sister-in-law and I decided to sign up for the line dancing lessons and try to do that weekly for fun and exercise. And, if someone decides to chase me, the good news is, I am so tired and sore, he won't have any trouble catching me, and if he has some Ben Gay and ibuprofen on him, I'll handcuff myself to him. Toss in a blankie and a pillow and he'll have my undying devotion.

So don't you dare give up officially, just be :-) Remember Pete was supposed to go out with my sister and I only went out with him initially because I felt so bad she had stood him up. It always happens when we least expect it. Hugs!!!
May 29th 2013 new
Margo,
Thanks for this post. I really enjoyed reading all of the responses. I feel this way too, at times. It is good to know one is not alone! Blessings to us all on our journeys.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Espe-410886 said: did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps it's not God's will? I too have been single for twenty-seven yrs., engaged twice long time ago but got cold feet. Now, I've been ready to meet Mr. right for the past eight or nine yrs. and, no luck.
I'm either being picked by very old men, men much younger then myself, men I'm not attracted to or if we start making contact, they soon stop?

At this point in my life, I'm just looking for great male marriage companionship and most men are looking for more then companionship.

I believe that we can continue to hope but sometimes we need to come to the conclusion that God wants something else for us.
Yes, Espe, it has occurred to me & that's why I pray that God show His will to me unmistakably. I have this desire to remarry at this stage of my life because I believe I have a lot of love to share with the right man. I really won't give up hope until somehow I receive a signal that it's just in God's plan for me to remain single.
Posts 11 - 20 of 128