Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Being in my 20's, I find myself moving around a lot. I'm originally from Buffalo, NY and went to college in 3 different places (in Ohio, New York, and Indiana) and am now moving to a 4th new place (in Pennsylvania) for a job. It is both exciting and exhausting!!

What adventures has life take you on? Have you moved a lot or to a new place recently?
May 28th 2013 new
Since Graduating from High School, I've bounced around the Western US like a pinball. First back and forth between home and college, then to another college, back home, off to a small town in Southern Idaho, back home, to North Idaho and back, to SE Utah and back. Beginning to wish that Trailer Homes were in vogue, it would make packing easier and I'd still "own" my own home. I'm secretly glad that I wasn't married during that time, it saved me the headaches of having to move while towing an anchor.

Just remember that Abraham spent a part of his life on the move. His Grandson, Jacob moved across the Negev and to Egypt. Then Jacob's descendants made a 40 year trek across the Sinai Peninsula. St. Paul went all over the Roman Empire on his missionary journeys. God calls some of us to move frequently, others he calls to stay put. It may be annoying, but you have to follow his will.
May 29th 2013 new
*waves*
I've lived in seven different places since I graduated high school four years ago, and I'm about to move to a new city. Plus, two of those cities were abroad. Soooo i totally feel your pain. I'm itching to get to Indiana and stay put for three years!
May 29th 2013 new
I didn't mean to express a "pain"! I just wanted a fun discussion about where life can take you as a young adult. Poland is quite an interesting place to end up!!!
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kelly-846180 said: I didn't mean to express a "pain"! I just wanted a fun discussion about where life can take you as a young adult. Poland is quite an interesting place to end up!!!
It's led to some pretty incredible adventures...but at times I get jealous of my friends settling down with jobs and families!
May 29th 2013 new
I think I was in my late 20's before I had belongings that didn't fit into my car!
Chicago - I graduated HS in 1993
Indiana/Illinois 1993-1995 for college
Michigan - Summer 1995 for work
Florida / Chicago - 1995-1998 for college & summers
Virginia - Summer 1998 for work
Chicago - Late Summer/Early fall 1998
Massachusetts - 1998-1999 for work
Vermont - Summer 1999 & 2000
Spring 2000 toured around East coast and the south doing Children's Theatre. Different city almost every day
Fall 2000 moved to Minnesota before touring the midwest and south with a different theatre company. Different city every week
Back to Chicago - 2001
Moved to California fall 2001
Moved back to Chicago summer 2003
Back to California fall 2003 for work

All in all, by the time I was 26, I had called 9 states home and worked in about 20.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Kate-806727 said: I think I was in my late 20's before I had belongings that didn't fit into my car!
Chicago - I graduated HS in 1993
Indiana/Illinois 1993-1995 for college
Michigan - Summer 1995 for work
Florida / Chicago - 1995-1998 for college & summers
Virginia - Summer 1998 for work
Chicago - Late Summer/Early fall 1998
Massachusetts - 1998-1999 for work
Vermont - Summer 1999 & 2000
Spring 2000 toured around East coast and the south doing Children's Theatre. Different city almost every day
Fall 2000 moved to Minnesota before touring the midwest and south with a different theatre company. Different city every week
Back to Chicago - 2001
Moved to California fall 2001
Moved back to Chicago summer 2003
Back to California fall 2003 for work

All in all, by the time I was 26, I had called 9 states home and worked in about 20.
Wow! Thanks for sharing, Kate!!! You have been all over. Which area did you enjoy living in the most?
May 29th 2013 new
I love Chicago. It's what I will always consider home.
I loved Boston. Next best thing to Chicago IMO. It's a big town with so much going on. It's also a huge Sports town which I love. Public transportation was super easy. Really enjoy the accent.
Hated Florida. Couldn't understand how you could have 100% humidity and it still not rain.
Vermont was really pretty in the summer. The mountains were increadable, unlike the ones in California that are usually brown and this time of year on fire! Wish I could have gone back to Vermont in the winter and skiied. Unique experience of seeing a moose in the road.
I like parts of Indiana. I'm not a small town girl. I like to be able to walk to things and have public transportation.
When I lived in Michigan, I lived a block from the beach in a "weekend" area where people from Chicago have their 2nd homes. Liked it because it was quiet and relaxing and there was plenty to do during the summer, but not a place I could live full time.
California is another thing all together. It was always my dream to live out here, but not really a place I wanted to raise my family. I LOVE where I live. It's close to everything. I live in a relatively big city with a small town feel. Really family orientated, but I'd give it up in a heart beat to move back to Chicago.

If I could move anywhere, Chicago would be my first choice with Boston being a close second.

Jul 27th 2013 new
Pittsburgh was home for 18 years
College in Harrisburg
Parents moved to house 30 minutes outside of Pittsburgh during my freshman year
Spent two summers working at a camp in Northwestern PA
One semester in Washington, D.C.
The next semester in Philadelphia
Went back to campus in Harrisburg for a year
Now living & working 40 Minutes South of Harrisburg
Jul 31st 2013 new
I seem to move about every 2 years within my own city. I recently bought a hosue and am already longing for the days of apartment life which was much easier than a three bedroom house with a half acre lot. I may sell it in a year or too and look for a condo. It's fair to say I've also had a lot of unexpected repairs and problems....termites, roof leak, leakin the bathroom it too a while to find and drainage issues to my experience this last few months has been interesting to say the least. I would sell it all and move to Colorado or CA if it were feasable and I had a reliable job there. Give me a small cabin in the woods. LOL
Posts 1 - 10 of 11