Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

As you may have noticed, a separate spellchecker is no longer included in our textboxes because they are included in most browsers. If you browser type is not listed here and you need assistance locating instructions, please let me know and I'll do my best to help you.

Google Chrome

• Click on the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar
  • Select Settings
  • Click Show advanced settings
  • In the "Languages" section, click Languages and spell-checker settings.
  • In the Languages and Input dialog that appears, use the "Enable spell checking" checkbox to turn the spell-checker on or off.

Mozilla Firefox
According to the Mozilla website, this feature should be enabled by default, however, these instructions can be used if it was disabled at any point.

• Open the Firefox Menu
  • Select Options
  • Select the Advanced panel
  • Click the General tab
  • Add a checkmark to the box marked "Check my spelling as I type"

Internet Explorer
Those who are not using the most recent version of Internet Explorer will need to upgrade to version 10 before following these instructions. Click here for instructions on how to upgrade to the most recent version.

• Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your browser
  • Select "Manage Add-Ons"
  • Select "Spelling Correction" in the left column
  • Select your desired language
  • Add a checkmark to the box marked "Enable spelling correction"

Safari

• Click in a text field.
  • On the menu bar, go to Edit / Spelling and Grammar / Check Spelling While Typing.
May 29th 2013 new
(quote) Debbie-696127 said: Those who are not using the most recent version of Internet Explorer will need to upgrade to version 10 before following these instructions. Click here for instructions on how to upgrade to the most recent version.

One caveat: I have heard reports of a lot of issues with IE10. Eventually most of these ugs will get cleared up with patches, but if you rely on IE for critical functions you may wish to do some research on the topic before upgrading. In the meantime, you can install one of the other browsers Debbie listed here (all are free) and use the for CM while retaining the current version of IE for other sites where it is needed.

May 30th 2013 new
hey Debbie.. do you think it would make sense to PIN this to the top of the board, for anyone that has this question in the future? scratchchin smile
Posts 1 - 3 of 3