Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

May 19 new
Wow, Monica!

Thank you so much for sharing this. I am well aware of ex-PB16's Sumorum Pontificum, but Fr. Nicholson is a new name to me and an absolute jewel! If the Canadiens mistreat him I will send my sons to do a stealth extraction and bring him to Oregon! This diocese could use him! But I guess many could say the same. Yeah, you're getting a bit of the wild, wild west in me!

But seriously, the half hour is well spent listening to his entire talk via this link. The last five minutes evoked such strong emotions - where he describes what the Mass is all about. It brought tears to my eyes (so much for those that say I am incapable of shedding a tear); happy tears; tears of pure joy that I just can't find when I go to BPP6th's Novus Ordo.

The "walls" that Fr Nicholson is talking about are being scaled by the young and the agile because they hunger for the sacred and the connection to our Source and Tradition. One day, these walls will crumble like the Berlin Wall did and the seemingly impenetrable stones will turn to dust.
May 30 new
Gotta love Michael Voris. There was that Lenten Retreat on the Sea not too long ago. I wonder if any CM folks were there.
Jun 04 new
(quote) Anya-974452 said: Gotta love Michael Voris. There was that Lenten Retreat on the Sea not too long ago. I wonder if any CM folks were there.
+JMJ+

Latin Mass Magazine hold a huge event in California every year or so. I've never been able to go ... yet. The last one one the West Coast was in Monterey, CA

www.latinmassmagazine.com

Jun 05 new
It would be hard to find a more beautiful place on the west coast to visit than the Montery/Carmel/Pebble Beach, CA area. I've been there several times when I was living near San Jose. Check out the photos on Google Earth sometime. If you get an opportunity to visit, it could be a great vacation too.... But if you want to buy even a modest home you might want to have at least a million dollars in your pocket.

Ed
Jun 11 new
+JMJ+

Thank you for the link Joseph. I appreciate it much! Going to check out that link now :)
Jun 13 new
(quote) Anya-974452 said: +JMJ+

Thank you for the link Joseph. I appreciate it much! Going to check out that link now :)
+JMJ+

Anya,

It so happens my web master is also the Art Director for the Latin Mass Magazine. I checked with him and here are some details. It's a ways off. I have the speakers list but since they don't have it up yet on their web site I don't think I should post it. God willing, I'd love to be there.

12th Annual Monterey Conference
Saturday March 1 & Sunday March 2, 2014
in Monterey, California at The Beach Resort,
2600 Sand Dunes Drive, Monterey, California
Jul 20 new
Anya,

Just FYI, there is another retreat at sea scheduled for January 2014. I was on the first one and it was fabulous.

God bless,
Jim
Posts 1 - 8 of 8