Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Another prayer idea

Jun 2nd 2013 new
Praying I found this prayer on the website http://www.prayerideas.org under the heading "Praying for Needs"
David Shelton wrote "Praying for a Future Spouse After Divorce." I was intrigued & impressed that this prayer includes so many of the thoughts expressed by many people in these forums--it is PRACTICAL! Check out David's comments about how he & his wife both prayed specifically for their future spouse.

Father, I know You have a plan for my life. I know that part of that plan is someone to walk with each day until You take me home. You know me and You know my likes and dislikes. I ask that You provide someone who is _______ and who would enjoy ___________ with me. I know this is a small detail but it will help show me You are listening. May this person ferociously persue You and Your will for our lives.

You know that I need someone who is ______ to go with my _________. Show me the person who will put You first, guard my heart, and will not give up when life gets rougn.

(If you already have children: Father, I ask that you provide someone who will love (insert name of child/children) as I do with an unconditional love that only comes from You. I pray that the children will love ____ back and accept her/him into our family.)

Father, right now I am so wounded. I have been rejected by the one I pledged to love until death parted us. I don't know why this happened and I don't understand how a marriage could fall apart and You not reach out to save it. I know that You still love me. I know that You said in Genesis 2:18 that it was not good for a man to be alone. You created a helper for Adam and Father. I need a helper as well.

Please take the fragments of my heart. I know some pieces are missing and put it back together again so that one day I may love again.

Father, take my anger, my bitterness and negative feeling I have toward ________, my former spouse. Please give me the strength to prevent these feelings from creeping into any future relationship I have.

I ask that You show me when to date again and who to pursue. May this person be in love with You first and may our lives reflect Your goodness and grace.

Jun 2nd 2013 new
Praying Thanks and GBL you.
Jun 7th 2013 new
Thank you for sharing
Posts 1 - 3 of 3