Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Brian-278516 said: Threaded view is going the way of the do-do bird. Nate just can't pull the trigger yet.
The only time I use the threaded view is when someone didn't include the quote to whom they're responding and I really want to know to whom they're reacting. I hope, then, if the threaded view will be eliminated, so will the "reply only" option. It would facilitate clearer communications, be an aid to those who may not consider that their unquoted post could cause confusion.
May 30th 2013 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: The only time I use the threaded view is when someone didn't include the quote to whom they're responding and I really want to know to whom they're reacting. I hope, then, if the threaded view will be eliminated, so will the "reply only" option. It would facilitate clearer communications, be an aid to those who may not consider that their unquoted post could cause confusion.
This is a good suggestion, Lina. However, even with this one is still left in the dark if they need to see the grandparent post or more of the parent post than was included in the quote.

At a minimum, links to the parent and child (if any) posts should be included so that one can manually, if somewhat tediously, follow a discussion thread.

And although this will affect only a small number of people, the impact of the flat view only on the moderation of some of the "messy" forum topics should be considered. It can be necessary to read a significant potion of a discussion thread within a topic to understand the context of an issue.

Jun 3rd 2013 new
The dates appear to be inaccurate.I'm seeing things like 6th,4th June and its the 3rd today
Jun 5th 2013 new
Just wondering: will the "See all Replied To topics" and "See All Read Topics" function be fixed soon?
My memory's none too good these days, & having to go into each room individually to figure which I've read or posted to seems...inefficient.
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: I always HATED Flat View.. I am seriously sorry to see you say this.. It is so much clearer to catch up on unread posts in Threaded View.. I hope you will reconsider this move.
So do I. I almost exclusively use threaded view, ever since the beginning of CM, when it was StRaphael.net.
Now I've been on here over 10 years and can say I use threaded view 99.999% of the time. Flat view provides no logical flow to discussion, since you really can't see subthreads/replies to other people's replies in a nested logical fashion. With flat view, it's all guesswork. Simply the last person to post a reply is what shows up, if I'm remembering correctly from what miniscule use I've made of flat view.
Jun 6th 2013 new
A few updates...

Thumbs up/down should now work from both threaded and flat.

Threaded view - I'm not making any promises here, one way or another, but it should work a bit better now.

Question about "topics I've replied to" - isn't that under www.catholicmatch.com?

Are there any major bugs that haven't been addressed?

Jun 6th 2013 new
Hi Nathan

I don't know if anyone else has trouble with the chat box or not, but mine is giving me trouble.

This chatbox is always on, I have tried numerous times to delete it, but i just keeps coming back. I do not have an x to click to hang up. I understand if the green light is on with the other person I am talking to, then I am connected.

at 12:06 pm, the chatbox is on, and the light is red. Last night, the light was orange, meaning idle. That person was not on CM at this time.

Can you please help?

Helen
Jun 6th 2013 new
Nathan, please see my post 2 places above yours.
Jun 7th 2013 new
When you type a post for the forums, it will not let you edit it at all. If you type something you don't mean to, unless you immediately back space over it, you can't highlight and delete later.

I will do it here in this sentence here....okay I want to get rid of the second "here" I put in there....

Jun 7th 2013 new
Perfect example...once I moved the cursor to go back to the second "here" the whole thing froze and I could not add any more text, nor could I highlight and delete the second "here" in my sentence.

So you better know exactly what you are typing, your type in notepad and copy and paste, because you can't edit even your typos after you move past that sentence.

Posts 81 - 90 of 90