Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Twin Moms!

Jun 5th 2013 new
I think I found a new "selling" angle for us, LOL! Perhaps we should just put this article link in our profiles....who wouldn't want a "super mom" & an "exceptionally physical" partner? (we shall ignore the opinions of any previous mates laughing)...& perhaps we should find a way to black out the "extended reproductive life span" eyepopping portion.

This is all in just good humor folks... biggrin

www.nbcnews.com
Jun 5th 2013 new
(quote) Laura-824866 said: I think I found a new "selling" angle for us, LOL! Perhaps we should just put this article link in our profiles....who wouldn't want a "super mom" & an "exceptionally physical" partner? (we shall ignore the opinions of any previous mates )...& perhaps we should find a way to black out the "extended reproductive life span" portion.

This is all in just good humor folks...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/42981556/ns/health-childrens_health/t/moms-twins-may-live-longer-study-says/#.Ua8079K3QeA
I'm a mother of twins.

In the absence of fertility treatments, twins are more likely when mom is taller, heavier, and older than average. In short, Nature gives them to women who can handle them.

The "strength" mentioned in the article, therefore, refers to mom's readiness to do what it takes to grow, birth, and raise two. It certainly does NOT refer to her condition several years down the road. It's tiring! laughing laughing
Jun 5th 2013 new
Hhmmm...I'm 5'2" on a good day & weighed 117 lbs & was in the best physical shape I'd ever been when I conceived (worked out 6 days a week---yes, I still fondly remember those days laughing)...I was 34, so not too old (or rather, not "old" like now tongue)...so I'm gonna stick with my interpretation of physically awesome super mom, LOL!
Jun 11th 2013 new
Gosh I am 5'3 and was at the time a size 6-8... I was 32!! Twins run every third generation in my family. My cousin had them as well! Mine are unique...mirror image!! They keep me very busy :)
Jun 12th 2013 new
Adorably handsome boys Ruth!! lovestruck!
Jun 12th 2013 new
wink Ahhhhh Thanks!!! I think so tooooo
Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Ruth-570922 said: Gosh I am 5'3 and was at the time a size 6-8... I was 32!! Twins run every third generation in my family. My cousin had them as well! Mine are unique...mirror image!! They keep me very busy :)
I'm a nanny to a family with two sets of twins (they run on both sides of the family and the father is a twin); the first set are boy/girl twins and the second set are mirror image identical girls! Currently they are 2 1/2 yrs and 14 mths so I know what you mean by keeping you very busy ;)
Jun 14th 2013 new
My daughter's teacher had a gang like that. He said it was terrific when they all got to ages 8-12 because everyone wanted to do the same things, play the same games, etc..

My twins were 11 years younger than their oldest sibling, so they hardly know her.
Jun 15th 2013 new
Wow Linda! That's crazy busy! biggrin So fun though!
Jul 29th 2013 new
i am not a twin mom but i am a triplet mom. i had my boys at 20. been a single mom since they were six months old. glad to see other catholic single mothers of multiples!
Posts 1 - 10 of 11