Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Reasons for not replying...

Jun 9th 2013 new
If I get an message or emotigram from someone, I respond, even if to say I am not interested. Have heard it and appreciate knowing...

So, if you aren't doing that, what are the reasons? Just curious....

Tammy scratchchin
Jun 9th 2013 new
How about:

boggled confused
scratchchin don't know what to write
irked mad, so decided its better to say nothing

stir the pot! Its getting cold! busy doing something else

Bow overwhelmed by your awesomeness
shhh can't type with a finger up my nose

paper bag shy
embarassed embarrassed
muted nothing to say

Jun 9th 2013 new
and then there's:

Praying praying
cowboy out, riding the fence line

lil mikie just flakey
gobble gobble gobble! just a turkey
crazy just crazy

faint sick

Rolling Along car accident

tombstone dead
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Tammy-781955 said: If I get an message or emotigram from someone, I respond, even if to say I am not interested. Have heard it and appreciate knowing...

So, if you aren't doing that, what are the reasons? Just curious....

Tammy
Hi Tammy,

Everyone has their own reasons. I noticed more of it from people that are near and our my town. I at least send a smile or a hello. I see it the same as being out and about and saying hi to someone! For whatever reason, there is more contact from people FAR away.

God Bless.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Wow, love your answer. You are soooo funny!! Yeah, I guess these are all valid reasons, thanks for putting it into perspective for me!!
Jun 9th 2013 new
sorry, forgot to mention that this was in response to jack's posts above...
Jun 9th 2013 new
(quote) Jack-752986 said: and then there's:

praying out, riding the fence line
just flakey just a turkey just crazy
sick
car accident
dead
Jack, I'm jealous! How were you able to access all those emoticons?
Very clever with those excuses.

One has to wonder what they have to lose if they just say hello back! scratchchin faint eyebrow
Jun 9th 2013 new
I think sometimes they just don't want to hurt somebody, and are afraid to say anything. Saying nothing may actually be worse in many cases, but they can't bring themselves to do it. Maybe some would consider them soft-hearted at the expense of firmness or honesty. Kindness comes in strange forms at times. I understand people like that; my last job I had so many problems enforcing dumb policies that I couldn't take the stress. Darned if you do, etc.

There's probably also a few plain old jerks who don't even care about the other person's feelings.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Hi Tammy, ...in the past I use to respond to all emotes/contacts/messages but after receiving an undeserved attack, I hesitate to respond all the time. One contact I received was from a divorced man who is the same generation as my mother...they are 4yrs apart. I thanked him for his kind words and wished him luck in his search and advise him that the age difference was a problem for me and also the fact that he is not yet annulled. He came at me with some very harsh words.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Tammy, I wish most people would do this this is why I left for over a year I want to give it one more try so I am on for 6 more months. I mean just tell me to buzz off if you are not interested all you have to say is I fell we have nothing in common and that would be great but just to not say anything after sending a emotigram or message is just something that burns me up. So fropm the bottom of my heart Thank you for doing that.
Posts 1 - 10 of 74