Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Do You Pray for Love ?

Jun 7th 2013 new
Hi Everyone !
Years ago, after I graduated college, I worked nights for many years on salary. Very often I worked 60 to 65 hours a week and all "nights".

This made it difficult to find a possible relationship. I was not as close to God at the time as I should have been, but I prayed asking God to please find a loving companion for me to marry and cherish for the rest of my life.

I always thanked God for all He had done in my life, as instructed by St. Paul, and asked for His will in my marriage future.

Well, it didn't happen overnight, but God granted me His favor and blessed me with my bestest-friend Sweetheart. We were married for decades until cancer took her. I believe that God needed a special person to organize some of His angels for special projects and my Sweetheart Bride was perfect for God's plan.

As any of you widows/widowers know it isn't easy losing a loving spouse. The more love and respect you put into a relationship equals the emptiness you feel after parting.

But God has been my Father and my buddy.

I pray again to Our Father, that if He desires to bring me a bestest friend forever Sweetheart to cherish under His Eye, it will happen.

I also pray for all on this CM site that God will guide your spirit and heart to joy and peace.

Do you also pray for love ?

My Luv to you all
Kenny .
Jun 7th 2013 new
Yes I pray for my next love.i also a widow and know what you are saying. I would like God's guidance so I can find another love that I can cherish once again. It is hard to make that step in to the unknown with out God's help. I pray for that He shows me my next true love if that is in His plan. For all those who are searching I also pray for you.
Jun 8th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: Hi Everyone !
Years ago, after I graduated college, I worked nights for many years on salary. Very often I worked 60 to 65 hours a week and all "nights".

This made it difficult to find a possible relationship. I was not as close to God at the time as I should have been, but I prayed asking God to please find a loving companion for me to marry and cherish for the rest of my life.

I always thanked God for all He had done in my life, as instructed by St. Paul, and asked for His will in my marriage future.

Well, it didn't happen overnight, but God granted me His favor and blessed me with my bestest-friend Sweetheart. We were married for decades until cancer took her. I believe that God needed a special person to organize some of His angels for special projects and my Sweetheart Bride was perfect for God's plan.

As any of you widows/widowers know it isn't easy losing a loving spouse. The more love and respect you put into a relationship equals the emptiness you feel after parting.

But God has been my Father and my buddy.

I pray again to Our Father, that if He desires to bring me a bestest friend forever Sweetheart to cherish under His Eye, it will happen.

I also pray for all on this CM site that God will guide your spirit and heart to joy and peace.

Do you also pray for love ?

My Luv to you all
Kenny .

Everyday.

Jun 8th 2013 new
Not just for love. Every night I pray for God's will for me, and if it is His will to love me through a man I pray for that man specifically. If a husband is not part of His plan for me I offer those same prayers to my heavenly Father to use them wherever He wants them to be used. God's plan will be revealed to me in His time, not mine. Some days its harder to be patient than others, and His grace sustains me.
Jun 8th 2013 new
I pray that God will either take the loneliness away or give me a chapter two. As sure as I know it, and there is a whole lot more to this story, I know that one day God has a chapter 2 for me. I may be 90 when it happens, but I stand confident. What is interesting is that each and every one of my children (all with faith) have told me at separate times how God has shown them I will have a chapter 2. It has been a rough two years since my Phil was assassinated, but I stand confident that when my chapter two happens that I will have been doubly blessed in my life.

I do not pray for a person or for a time frame, just that I can be the woman of faith and transparency that I need to be.
Jun 9th 2013 new
Yes, I did. When I decided in prayer that I wanted to remarry, I started to pray for the man who would enter my life. for his family and for God to lead him to me and to make our paths clear. I prayed that God keep his heart pure and that God bless him.
I too loved my husband with all my very being - when he died of cancer I was devastated. But happy that he had attained eternity.

God has lead me to my man and we are getting closer to one another and to our God. We still pray that God reveal to us his plans and we pray for discernment as we want to do God's will. God hears our prayers and he wants to bless us.

God Bless you
Jun 9th 2013 new
Yes I do. I pray for God's will for me. I stopped trying to figure out what that was. A 3 year relationship just ended badly and I thought He was God's will for me. Guess I should stop trying to figure it all out.
Jun 12th 2013 new
I pray for love every day. I pray for my future husband, too! I am not communicating with anyone at this time. wink

Would anyone like to change that? rose wave theheart
Jun 12th 2013 new
(quote) Helen-450889 said: I pray for love every day. I pray for my future husband, too! I am not communicating with anyone at this time.

Would anyone like to change that?
Oh Boy ! Oh Boy ! Oh Boy !!
Jun 12th 2013 new
Kenny, You have expressed some lovely sentiments. I am happy that God granted you a wonderful mate. Unfortunately, many of us have not been so fortunate. Yes, I pray for love, I pray for everything. What recourse do we have on this earth if not for prayers? Do you feel that you will eventualy be given another love in your lifetime? Maybe God has other plans for you. Have you given other options your consideration?
Posts 1 - 10 of 77