Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Jun 11th 2013 new
Monica,
I believe that a relationship can happen when you least expect it and things do happen in our lives when we least expect it and as discussed here, I think it is when we let go, then God enters into the picture and it happens.

It happened to me with a job I was aspiring for - I had all the qualifications and experience and had done it before but it eluded me. Then I decided to do something else and I got totally involved in this new role, when I was offered the job I was seeking for such a long time.

It happened to me years ago, when I was keen to go for higher education and was saving for this. I would have to save for over ten years when I was approached by a trustee who sponsored all my fees and hostel outgoings. I had not even known this man and it happened in just a few months after I had started saving.

It happened to me again on CM. I gave up looking for a partner after I found that I was not getting any responses and since where I live (in Australia) there are very few in my age group. Somehow it never clicked and I gave up and decided to enjoy CM more for the support at the forums, when I nearly fell off my chair to get a message from someone, who appeared to be my ideal match. We are now in a relationship and its uncanny how similar our interests and our journey is.

So yes, it can happen when you least expect it.

Jun 11th 2013 new
Like what Dave said
Jun 12th 2013 new
I think if you stop looking nothing will happen. I know people that have been single for years and years and they say I'm just giving up. I believe prayer and a positive attitude work. At least I'm hoping so!
Jun 12th 2013 new
I once met the most loveliest looking man I have ever seen in my life - you could call it just passing by
Jun 12th 2013 new
Trish, You have made some valid points.
Jun 13th 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-929069 said: I think in just living life, whether you remain on line or not, while also remaining open to opportunities, something you least expect can happen--
I agree with you. Living life, following your own interests, developing strengths, and exploring new ideas, places, and activities open up so many opportunities.
Jun 20th 2013 new
I don't buy it. scratchchin

Maybe "not trying" works when one is young and very attractive. princess

But everything I've ever had in life, including my husband, I went after with both hands. Nothing EVER simply popped up for me.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Tricia-321356 said: Yes....check out the Hallmark Channel..........happens all the time!
Apparently we all need our own "Movie of the Week".

Call Central Casting!!
Jun 23rd 2013 new
(quote) Monica-291280 said: I hear from my friends ( the married ones, who havent been single in about 40 years) that when I stop looking, I will find someone when I least expect to. Cynic that I am, I wonder how a married person would know this, or remember this from 40 years ago. I think they are repeating something their mother told them way back when.

But like so many posters in 45+ and others, I find the search is tiring and I am thinking of sliding my chair away from the computer and just living life. Anyone have a story where 2 people meet each other just in the course of their daily lives and
Yes Monica, the search can be tiring.

Still, I try to keep in mind Catholic Match offers several candidates a week, and it's my decision to follow through or not. Most often, I do not. I am sure they are all good and fine and loving people. But if the profile photo and profile responses are not your cup of tea, then who can gainsay you? I believe that is all a part of online matching. Is that your experience?

It is difficult, but I say don't give up on the site. I try to think of it as only one of many ways to meet good people.

And while I continue to go to events and to meet people, I remain a subscriber. Who can know? Very best, Doug.
Jun 26th 2013 new
(quote) Monica-291280 said: I hear from my friends ( the married ones, who havent been single in about 40 years) that when I stop looking, I will find someone when I least expect to. Cynic that I am, I wonder how a married person would know this, or remember this from 40 years ago. I think they are repeating something their mother told them way back when.

But like so many posters in 45+ and others, I find the search is tiring and I am thinking of sliding my chair away from the computer and just living life. Anyone have a story where 2 people meet each other just in the course of their daily lives and
Monica you took the words right out of my mouth. Being on this site for 8 years you wonder what God has in store for us. I left for a period of a year and just came back when CM Made me an offer I could not refuse. I don't know what to say maybe just take some time off. I Guess if God has a plan he will reveal it in his own time.
Posts 11 - 20 of 51