Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Hi Everyone,
In doing the silly " I get too many messages" thread, I received some private messages from men and women....
After a few jokes, the main concerns and problems they expressed
were that so many of the profiles that they see and read are " Intimidating"
to an extent.... A large extent.....!!

Many people in their profiles list all of the things that make them so wonderful ..They have so so many activities and seem to have such wonderful and full lives.

The concerns stated that many also seem to want close to perfection in a possible spouse. .. They want a possible Sweetheart that will do the 6 thousand activities with them and join them as the community builds them a statue for being so wonderful....

Personally, I do get a little intimidated reading some of the profiles. Men, some men, when they get in their late 50's and 60's, don't necessarily want to do 100 things everyday or be something that they are not.....Or feel intimidated a bit..

I watch this Catholic Priest on TV sometimes and I remember him saying that in a relationship, we should believe that The Blessed Mother is on your left shoulder and Jesus is on your right shoulder.....

Maybe we ,,,me,,you,,we,,should review our profiles and make them less perfect, and less seeking perfect,,, and show some humbleness and humility and maybe a flaw or two...

If, you, ,,me,,we,,were really that perfect, would we really be ALONE !!??? Everyone,,, me too,, can't be Mr. Ms. Excitement,,Mr. Ms.. Entertainment all the time...I'm not Mr. Any of those things,,,but I thank God that I'm not Mr. Abusive,,,Mr. Violent,,Mr. Disrespectful or Mr. Cheater...I'm just a sack of potatoes and a Bozo at times (affectionately)...I wouldn't have it any other way..

People do not want to be intimidated. I want a woman with humility to hug me with her heart,,, hug me with her eyes,, hug me spiritually and emotionally,,and one day hug me with her arms..
If my profile intimidates her, or her profile intimidates me,,,we will never share joy together...

I challenge you,,and me,,to re-visit our profiles to see if we added enough human humility and humbleness..

Then ask God if """"He Likes Your Profile """????.

love to all
Kenny
Jun 13 new
I - LOVE - THIS - POST !!
Thanks for stating what should be the most obvious thing to all of us (giving myself some advice here as well) that "selling ourselves" is one way to go about this, and then trusting God with the process of true discovery and humble surrender to His plan is another way to go about this. I vote the latter. I think I will take a look at my own profile now....I needed to read this today. God bless.
Jun 13 new
Great forum question Kenny! Thanks for challenging all of us to take another look at our profile from God and Mother Mary's point of view.
Jun 13 new
This is a great forum topic, Kenny.

I took a look at my profile again, and realized that it probably makes me seem a bit nuts. But then I guess that was sort of the point. LOL.
Jun 13 new
Thanks for this great post. Sometimes I read a profile and get the impression I am out of my league. I will never measure up, keep up or can't imagine being so busy. I I simply move on . Opportunity lost.
Jun 13 new
(quote) Mary-924110 said: Thanks for this great post. Sometimes I read a profile and get the impression I am out of my league. I will never measure up, keep up or can't imagine being so busy. I I simply move on . Opportunity lost.

Mary, that is what many other people are feeling and thinking, me too.

I wonder how many of us lose out on golden opportunities,, as you said.. ?
Mary, you said it so clearly.. .
I feel just as you stated Mary,, when I read many of the profiles....
How many others feel as Mary has so vividly expressed ?
Jun 13 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: Hi Everyone,

Great points, Kenny

One the one hand, you do want to represent yourself in your profile . There might be a thing as putting a lot on a profile and too little also.

I am looking for a fellow sinner and not some "perfect guy". The thing about it though is if we reach out to someone and they don't respond - then we did our part. We shouldn't let an "intimidating profile" get in the way of reaching out to them - we'll just never know unless we take that 1 baby step of reaching out to them and initiating something...

God bless you all Praying

Jun 13 new
(quote) Tom-267933 said: I took a look at my profile again, and realized that it probably makes me seem a bit nuts. But then I guess that was sort of the point. LOL.
Same here. I'm just trying to give men a realistic expectation of my personality. Profiles that are too much "I am this and that is great" are actually quite boring. Why not be entertaining why trying to get your point across?
Jun 13 new
Kenny, I am so glad you are posting in the forums. Your viewpoints are so refreshing & they do bring a smile to our lips when we know that you are joking. wink But you bring up some serious issues, too, as in this thread.

I LOVED when you said, "I want a woman with humility to hug me with her heart...hug me with her eyes...hug me spiritually and emotionally and one day hug me with her arms." That was pure poetry written from the heart. hug

You said what a lot of us are wishing for as well. Beautiful thoughts; thanks for sharing. theheart
Jun 13 new
(quote) Carol-737878 said: Kenny, I am so glad you are posting in the forums. Your viewpoints are so refreshing & they do bring a smile to our lips when we know that you are joking. But you bring up some serious issues, too, as in this thread.

I LOVED when you said, "I want a woman with humility to hug me with her heart...hug me with her eyes...hug me spiritually and emotionally and one day hug me with her arms." That was pure poetry written from the heart.

You said what a lot of us are wishing for as well. Beautiful thoughts; thanks for sharing.

Ah,,Shucks Carol,,,,,you have me blushing...Thank you for the compliment,,
though underserved as I am in the same boat as so many here...

God didn't want Adam to be alone, so He created Eve...
I saw a study not too long ago that stated that people who give and receive ""HUGS"" regularly
live longer and more quality feel lives than people who do not...

When we have a true Sweetheart, we can hug on the phone, hug in written form and so many ways....I think it boils down to being sensitive...Sensitive to your own heart and sensitive to the emotional heart of your Sweetheart...It really is a free-open-warm place to be...
My wife taught me that when facing society that being analytical is mostly preferred, but when facing love and loved ones,, that emotions are always preferred...I learned to be 10% analytical and 90% emotional...I wouldn't have it any other way...Emotions are one of Jesus's greatest and sweetest gifts for us... Just look at Mass at how many times Love and Peace are mentioned...And I read that the word ""LOVE"" is mentioned in The Bible 697 times..(depending on the translation used)....

GROUP HUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love to All
Kenny
Posts 1 - 10 of 14