Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Jun 14 new
My ex is named 'Dan' -- not Daniel, just Dan.
I have refused dates with any other Dan.
My ex is a narcissist and I never want that sort of person in my life again -- and if I became involved with a 'Dan' the ex would think it was because I missed him and was wanting him back!
My oldest son is Alan Joseph and I call him Joey sometimes as a personal lovey nickname -- he knows it means I love him and he likes it.
I named all my kids after Saints -- Alan Joseph, Gregory Matthew, Catherine Elizabeth, Susanna Marie, Julia Christine, Theresa Nicole -- and pray for the Saints' intercession and guidance daily!
I noticed that a LOT of the guys I had crushes on or was friends with and/or dated had the same names as my dad and 3 brothers -- Tom, Chris, Scott and Dan (Thomas, Christian, Scott, and Daniel) but I think it had more to do with those names being common than anything else.
Names seem to come in and go out in popularity so the people in your age range often seem to have the same few names.
My own name was not common -- I never knew another Rachel until I was in college.
I love names -- eyes and names draw me in!
Jun 14 new
(quote) Felicity-929402 said: Agreed Carol, and how about a husband/wife with your parent's or sibling's name?

That could be weird... one of my cousins married a Catherine when his mom was named Catherine, so everybody now has the same last name, we're all confused!
My dad has a sister named Mary Ann, and my mom's name is Mary. Dad's name is Robert, and my sister married a man named Robert. Personally, I have dated guys with the same names as my brothers. Apparently we like to stick to names we know in my family.
Jun 14 new
(quote) Keith-585743 said: Several of my siblings all have biblical names, also, though not necessarily used as first names... as do my aunts / uncles on my father's side. I wasn't fond of my middle name, Joseph, when I was young, as I was often teasingly called "Joey" by my siblings. As I got a bit older, and learned where my name came from and the specifics of being named not only after Joseph from the bible, but also named after my great-grandfather and the priest at our church whom everyone adored, I found I liked my name very much.
Reminds me of "Rosebud" on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" www.youtube.com
Jun 14 new
(quote) Rachel-731570 said: ...Names seem to come in and go out in popularity so the people in your age range often seem to have the same few names....
What about Michael Jackson's son's name, "Prince Michael Blanket"?
Or Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter's name, "Apple"?
Or David Bowe's son Zowie (now Duncan)?
"Pilot Inspektor", Jason Lee's kid?
Bob Geldof's daughter "Fifi Trixiebelle"?
Or "Kal-El" Cage, son of Nicolas?
Jun 14 new
(quote) Lina-796057 said: What about Michael Jackson's son's name, "Prince Michael Blanket"?
Or Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter's name, "Apple"?
Or David Bowe's son Zowie (now Duncan)?
"Pilot Inspektor", Jason Lee's kid?
Bob Geldof's daughter "Fifi Trixiebelle"?
Or "Kal-El" Cage, son of Nicolas?
if you're talking about off-the-wall names... can't forget:

Frank Zappa's kids: Dweezil and Moon Unit

William "Bill" Lear's daughter (founder of Learjet): Crystal Chanda Lear
Jun 14 new
I totally agree, Mary!
Jun 14 new
TX Governor Hogg's daughter Ima.....
Jun 14 new
Oh Lina you are a riot today!
Jun 14 new
Felicity

I love that name! Yours is a rare one, something for me to keep in mind when naming a future daughter.
Jun 14 new
I love the name game! My son was born on Christmas (midnightMass gospel by Matthew). Well, actually "Matthew" is the title of an old John Denver song! Anyone remember that? The uncle Matthew came to live with the family during the Depression. His cup was always half full, even when life was pretty poor. He found beauty and goodness in all things. I know my Matthew thought that was a strange reason for naming him that. However, do you know how many Matthews are in their mid thirties ? My daughter is Caroline Elizabeth (my mom's name & motherinlaw's middle name) because I was told that Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Anne Rebecca was entirely too much name for one little baby! I could never understand why!!
Posts 21 - 30 of 60