Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is Smoking an Issue ??

Jun 14th 2013 new
I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past, but I'm new so I use my newness amnesty on that....And there may be other new members viewing too....

If someone is a smoker does that eliminate them from your potential Sweetheart list ??

I saw one woman's profile and she stated that she was a non smoker and then one
of her profile photos had her with a cigarette in her hand.
Some people say that they smoke only occassionally.....What does that mean ????

I personally would find it very difficult to accept a smoker...
How about you ?????????

Jun 14th 2013 new
I have well controlled asthma, and cigarettes can make me sick in less than 5 minutes. Sick enough to need my inhaler or more. Occasional cigars or a pipe, when smoked outdoors smell wonderful, but I don't think I would care for a kiss after someone just had a cigar or pipe. My 2CW
Jun 14th 2013 new
Kenny, no smoking zone is my middle name. I have a history of asthma so why provoke it?
I have NEVER smoked but both my parents did and two of my siblings too. My sister quit as it was a deal with my youngest son...if he could give up his pacifier that he loved, she would give up smoking. Of course, he had to go first! My dad also died of lung cancer and that is another factor.

Chocolate is okay as a vice!

Eileen
Jun 14th 2013 new
Yes, I can't stand the things.
Jun 14th 2013 new
Yes, it is a deal breaker for me. shhh
Jun 14th 2013 new

I grew up in a home where both my parents smoked and later my older sister too. She was 11 years older than me.

There was smoke in the house all the time..Even worse in the Winter with the windows closed..When I met my wife, she smoked. The first time we actually got together I expressed my unhappiness with cigarette smoke and all it entails and she said,," I am no longer a smoker"..
She never smoked again..When her friends asked her why she no longer smoked, she simply said that she changed her addiction from cigarettes to Kenny...(ME)...

I liked that....
Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said: I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the past, but I'm new so I use my newness amnesty on that....And there may be other new members viewing too....

If someone is a smoker does that eliminate them from your potential Sweetheart list ??

I saw one woman's profile and she stated that she was a non smoker and then one
of her profile photos had her with a cigarette in her hand.
Some people say that they smoke only occassionally.....What does that mean ????

I personally would find it very difficult to accept a smoker...
How about you ?????????

Hi Kenny et alia,

Some of us here have very serious lung problems.

If you're a smoker, I don't even want to meet you.

James ☺
Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) James-17080 said: Hi Kenny et alia,

Some of us here have very serious lung problems.

If you're a smoker, I don't even want to meet you.

James ☺
Hi Kenny et alia, That's romantic :-) James ☺
Jun 14th 2013 new
I think a smoker would tire quickly of me because I'd nag them to stop! I don't like how smoke lingers in clothing and hair, so I'd have to stay upwind of the person. However, I do miss the days of going to a baseball game and having a smoky haze in the air. *sigh*
Jun 14th 2013 new
Yes, smoking is an issue with me! Until 6 years ago I would not have foreseen me and my current attitude on the subject! Former smokers are probably THE worst....very much alive and can be unrelenting and just plain obnoxious on the topic!! In January 2005, after having been a weekend caregiver for one of my younger sisters...I watched as she passed away from lung cancer. Went outside and smoked a cigarette while I cried my heart out! ashamed Then 6 years ago I lost another younger sister to the same disease. This time I took the hint and realized that the arrow would surely point at me next and that was the end....whole carton into the trash and never took another puff! I was always sure that 'it couldn't happen to me'. I 'knew', too, that nobody could smell the smoke on my clothes or in my hair. Wanna bet? Off the weed one week and I already smelled the grossness in my home!! So, YES...smoking is an issue with me.
Posts 1 - 10 of 75