Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Jun 14th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-gay-lobby-confirmations-all-around.html
Thank you. I was reading the comments under the article. I personally know of a number of Franciscans and of several orders who held the door open to gay priests. Some were involved in the molestation of boys at St Anthonys Seminary in Santa Barbara but that is only a drop in the bucket of this problem. I also know of a former bishop, now deceased who defended a certain gay priest from a nearby area after some of his actions were made public by the news. In any case this is a widespread and heavily networked problem. (I own a book called The Homosexual Network). We need to pray that Ratzinger's plan to keep gays from becoming ordained continues. Now that I have been politically incorrect in what I have said....what will happen to my post? Generally it will remain here but if this were elsewhere....?
Jun 14th 2013 new
Has anyone here read George Weigel's "Courage to be Catholic"? He states that one of the reasons for the sexual abuse crisis of late is that homosexual advocating nuns infiltrated the seminaries in the 70s. (This book was published in 2002, as I recall.)

Another thing he mentions: the Pontifical North American College (priestly seminary) in Rome once had a dance for students, who danced......with each other.

I have no doubt that the homosexual lobby is trying to contaminate the Church in high leadership positions. But the Church will prevail against the wicked, who will be tossed into Gehena at the close of the age if they do not repent.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-gay-lobby-confirmations-all-around.html
There is a high percentage of homosexual priests everywhere in the Church. The latin mass societies are no exception. I don't think that homosexual priests present some sort of monolithic bloc, but the number of them is so high that there are many possibilities for blackmail. Even if these priests publicly support Church teaching, they're undermining it, especially if they're active homosexuals. The lavender domination of the US Church goes back a long time. Cleaning up this mess will take decades.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Paul-302787 said: Has anyone here read George Weigel's "Courage to be Catholic"? He states that one of the reasons for the sexual abuse crisis of late is that homosexual advocating nuns infiltrated the seminaries in the 70s. (This book was published in 2002, as I recall.)

Another thing he mentions: the Pontifical North American College (priestly seminary) in Rome once had a dance for students, who danced......with each other.

I have no doubt that the homosexual lobby is trying to contaminate the Church in high leadership positions. But the Church will prevail against the wicked, who will be tossed into Gehena at the close of the age if they do not repent.
Francis Spellman was the kingmaker in the US Church for decades and a notorious homosexual and reported abuser of boys. The problems go deep!
Jun 15th 2013 new
This makes me so sad to have to read. Isn't there some special novena that we can do to help give anyone with these particular inappropriate urges or demons control? i mean really, how hard is self-control? i'm not super at many things but find it odd that my self-control for chastity through the years is considered abnormal and not due to narcissism. There is even a chapter referencing what we as Catholics do in non-Catholic self-help literature such as Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich on Sexual Transmutation (which points out that re-directing the energy that could be wasted on such inappropriate activity outside of marriage or even over-active breeding within a marriage, into the requirements of survival and success in good survival, is preferable to wasting the energy.
Jun 15th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: This makes me so sad to have to read. Isn't there some special novena that we can do to help give anyone with these particular inappropriate urges or demons control? i mean really, how hard is self-control? i'm not super at many things but find it odd that my self-control for chastity through the years is considered abnormal and not due to narcissism. There is even a chapter referencing what we as Catholics do in non-Catholic self-help literature such as Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich on Sexual Transmutation (which points out that re-directing the energy that could be wasted on such inappropriate activity outside of marriage or even over-active breeding within a marriage, into the requirements of survival and success in good survival, is preferable to wasting the energy.
Jesus said "if you love me ,keep my commandments" He also said "do penance and be converted" None of us is perfect,but we should all strive to "enter in at the narrow gate" as Our Savior stated.
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Marie-358484 said: This makes me so sad to have to read. Isn't there some special novena that we can do to help give anyone with these particular inappropriate urges or demons control? i mean really, how hard is self-control? i'm not super at many things but find it odd that my self-control for chastity through the years is considered abnormal and not due to narcissism. There is even a chapter referencing what we as Catholics do in non-Catholic self-help literature such as Napoleon Hill's Think and Grow Rich on Sexual Transmutation (which points out that re-directing the energy that could be wasted on such inappropriate activity outside of marriage or even over-active breeding within a marriage, into the requirements of survival and success in good survival, is preferable to wasting the energy.
Unfortunately these priests have no desire to control their impulses. The whole thing is just disgusting. Look up the Santa Barbara mission and find out how these guys behave.
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: Jesus said "if you love me ,keep my commandments" He also said "do penance and be converted" None of us is perfect,but we should all strive to "enter in at the narrow gate" as Our Savior stated.
One could probably say a novena to St Michael the Archangel. I am sure one could pray the rosary and then add the St Michael prayer and pray for this special intention. (That practicing homosexual clergy in the church would repent and cease this lifestyle...)There is a chastity group which I can't recall the name of but it is dedicated to the Holy Angels and I bookmarked their site....... There could be something to follow on that site also...
Jun 16th 2013 new
(quote) Sean-851370 said: Unfortunately these priests have no desire to control their impulses. The whole thing is just disgusting. Look up the Santa Barbara mission and find out how these guys behave.
So far in my search - I did not find the mission but I did find this link which substantiates many things I have found at parishes in my travels to provide music in our Golden State... OF The parishes mentioned in Santa Barbara-_ one is a Newmann Center and one is in the richest area of SB. www.newwaysministry.org
Posts 1 - 10 of 22