Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Let Me Just Ask

Jun 16 new
Since I am very skeptical and pathetic at knowing the dating scene, let me ask something. Is it wrong to think that men should do some of the work in terms of pursuing and asking out first? I am not the kind of girl that chases the flavor of the month or even the day and when a man talks about how many messages and views he has, I get a little ill. I guess I think that maybe we women have made it too easy on men? I don't know. I am new to being single and new to online dating. Maybe I am old fashioned, but to me if a man views me, it doesn't equate interest (maybe disgust because if men never reach out, it must be me? laughing).

In the life, I do get asked out, but men have so far been about seeing if I will be the Friday special. I am not that girl. Maybe I need to live long enough to get someone who still believes in asking the woman out first and opening the door for her. Gee, I am 51 now. Wonder how long that will be? 85?
Jun 16 new
Hi Linda,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think all of us are skeptical of the dating scene, especially if it has been a long time. Now, add "online" dating, it does not make it easier. In my opinion, it does not matter who does the first contact "move". As far as views, If a guy is bragging on how many they've had, he is NOT worth it. It sounds similar to people I know on FB that have an astronomical <--spelling? number of "Friends". Yeah right!! A "view" does not equate to an "I'm interested". I see it as a hello on the streets. Sometimes, one may get viewed by accident. I know I've done that sometimes.

AND yes. In our society, there are many looking for the "Friday" special. Hahaha...

A REAL man that is into you will always show chivalry. Accept NOTHING less.
Jun 16 new
(quote) Linda-756196 said: Since I am very skeptical and pathetic at knowing the dating scene, let me ask something. Is it wrong to think that men should do some of the work in terms of pursuing and asking out first? I am not the kind of girl that chases the flavor of the month or even the day and when a man talks about how many messages and views he has, I get a little ill. I guess I think that maybe we women have made it too easy on men? I don't know. I am new to being single and new to online dating. Maybe I am old fashioned, but to me if a man views me, it doesn't equate interest (maybe disgust because if men never reach out, it must be me? ).

In the life, I do get asked out, but men have so far been about seeing if I will be the Friday special. I am not that girl. Maybe I need to live long enough to get someone who still believes in asking the woman out first and opening the door for her. Gee, I am 51 now. Wonder how long that will be? 85?
I can't speak for the gent who started the thread you're talking about ("too many messages"), Linda, but I believe it was written in jest. Many of us men are disappointed about the lack of responses we get when we send out message upon message to different CM ladies (it's a common lament). I believe that thread was an attempt to make light of that and turn it into something humorous. It made me chuckle, and I believe it also did so for many CM members who posted in that thread. A little humor every now and then isn't such a bad thing...

We all get a little down when things go slow slowly here at CM, but keep on praying and trying. Remember, it only takes one... smile
Jun 16 new

Linda,,,I started the thread you are referring to ""Too Many Messages"" as a dry, humorous attempt to bring some joy and satirical humor to the postings..Nothing more....I'm in the same boat and you and just about everyone here...
The thread was in no way meant to be mean or intimidate of anything negative in any shape and/or form....It was mostly a way to amuse myself,,,and if some chuckled then my goal was reached...

Some people,,(in messages I received),, took offense to my silly thread and accused me of negative flirting and being a real jerk...Some believed that it was 100% a serious thread and branded me as cocky and self-centered....Well I'm just the oppossite..That is why it was so easy to make up the silliness...I'm surprised and disappointed that the thread bothered you...I sincerely apologize..

I guess I'm new here and was overly excited to participate..I'll tone it back and try not to post very often...
I wish you God's joy..
Jun 16 new
Kenny,

Keep posting. Some people will give you feedback publically, and some people will give you feedback privately. Apparently, what all of the people who gave you negative feedback fail to notice is your post count, and, obviously, you are a new poster. The same happens when people lament about why we are discussing some of the same subjects over and over and over again. It's because new posters don't realize that the subject has been discussed waay too many times before. It's not their fault, it's just reality. Sometimes it's frustrating for those of us who have been around awhile, but, as we say, if you don't like the subject of a thread don't read it! laughing

You have shown much creativity with your threads. When I saw your thread about messages, yes, I saw the great humor in it, but also (I presumed) great truth. I think that it won't take too much time for you to find great success here. All that you really need to know at this time is what you REALLY want, because, most probably, she is on this site.

At least your posts are interesting! wink

To Linda and Kenny, here's a topic for another thread, many of us probably put widows and widowers on a pedestal. It's intimidating getting to know those who have had very long-term marriages that resulted in one death. So, be patient with us as we should be with you! hug

Kathy

Jun 17 new
(quote) Linda-756196 said: I guess I think that maybe we women have made it too easy on men? I don't know. I am new to being single and new to online dating. Maybe I am old fashioned, but to me if a man views me, it doesn't equate interest 
If he's interested, he will pursue. If not, he won't. No reason to get upset- in that early stage it's not personal. Keep your chin up, make friends and have fun!

biggrin Sam, a.k.a., Julie, Cruise Director of the Love Boat
Jun 17 new
(quote) Johnny-975202 said: Hi Linda,

Don't be too hard on yourself. I think all of us are skeptical of the dating scene, especially if it has been a long time. Now, add "online" dating, it does not make it easier. In my opinion, it does not matter who does the first contact "move". As far as views, If a guy is bragging on how many they've had, he is NOT worth it. It sounds similar to people I know on FB that have an astronomical <--spelling? number of "Friends". Yeah right!! A "view" does not equate to an "I'm interested". I see it as a hello on the streets. Sometimes, one may get viewed by accident. I know I've done that sometimes.

AND yes. In our society, there are many looking for the "Friday" special. Hahaha...

A REAL man that is into you will always show chivalry. Accept NOTHING less.
AMEN, Johnny!!! God bless, Veronica
Jun 17 new
Linda,
I would say that it probably won't be that long. You are very active and you live on a military installation. There are still a few of thos folks around who are genuine, although it is becoming more rare in to today's society. I for one am one who still opens doors etc... but most guys my age all have electric locks on a key fob so they don't have to unlock one door and then the other. Which also eliminates the "door test". The door test is for the guy to open the door for the woman and watch to see if she reaches over to unlock the door for him from the inside. That shows him that she isn't thinking only of herself but him as well. Thankfully, my 66 Galaxie doesn't have electric locks and I might be able to still used this trick. Linda, keep going to church, and maybe ask your priest if he knows of some one who would he appropriate. Just a thought. Hang in there, talk to you later.
Tom
Jun 17 new
Yep. If they are interested they will contact you if not then you might as well forget it because if they don't put forth the effect if won't work out. Just something I learned from experience.
Jun 17 new
I too, laughed at Kenny's thread. I am sure it got him lots of attention - which is a good thing on this site.
I have sent out many emotigrams and messages and have received very little response. I did get a nice response from a guy who turned out to be a "scammer". Ewwww!
All I can say is hang in there and pray for the best. If he is out there he will find you. (me too!)
Hugs!
Posts 1 - 10 of 52