Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I saw the smoking thread so I thought I would start this one. I currently have 3 tattoo's and may get more. As of right now i'm content. I'm curious what other people think of them. Is it something that turns you off or on to a person? Does it matter on what they are of or how many? I'm just feeling out for people's curiousty regarding it.

Jun 16 new
(quote) Andrew-560653 said: I saw the smoking thread so I thought I would start this one. I currently have 3 tattoo's and may get more. As of right now i'm content. I'm curious what other people think of them. Is it something that turns you off or on to a person? Does it matter on what they are of or how many? I'm just feeling out for people's curiousty regarding it.

Nope
Jun 16 new
i don't have a problem with them as long as they are not obsessive and are hidden.
Jun 17 new
Personally, I have no issue with most tattoos. I'm always curious about the story behind the tattoo. That being said, I'm not keen on ones that depict evil. When I was much younger, I went to a tattoo and piercing shop to get a piercing. The piercer was a huge, burly man with a beard. I happened to notice a statue of Mary in his tattoo/piercing room. I asked him if he was Catholic, and he replied that yes, he was and wondered how I knew. I pointed to Mary. When I expressed that I, too, was Catholic, he turned with his back to me, lifted his shirt and showed me the most beautiful tattoo of a sunrise and Christ on the cross which took up his entire back. It was so amazing that just picturing it inspires me to tell the story again. Sorry for the long-winded response.
Jun 17 new
I'm fine if someone has one, but I would hope they would not want me to get one... :)
Jun 17 new
Well, I would say "a little bit", I just don't like it. It might sound silly for some people but I guess I grew up in a more traditional/conservative place. Catholic church in my country teaches that we should not tattoo our bodies (Lev 19:28). Actually When I moved to the states, I was amazed to see that a lot of people have tattoos. So, I learned it is ok in other places. However, I still don't like them. I'm ok with the wash-off tattoos :D all kids use those.
Jun 17 new
I don't care for them, for a variety of reasons.
But you love a person for who he is, not for what he looks like.
Jun 17 new
Not a turn off OR a turn on for me.
Jun 17 new
I'm not a fan of tattoos but all my sons have them and one daughter-in-law is fairly covered with them. The guy I'm seeing right now has tattoos but they are hidden & unless we go to the beach or get married, I won't ask to see them. Yes, I, too, am curious about the stories behind the choices.

I wouldn't stop being someone's friend or refuse to meet a man if I knew they had a tattoo.
Jun 17 new
(quote) Priscilla-931240 said: "I'm ok with the wash-off tattoos :D all kids use those."
Some adults use the wash-off tattoos, too mischievous I've almost outgrown the 'summer fun' stage of my development but not completely! tongue What are a pair of crop pants without a little butterfly or flower on one's ankle??

As far as anyone else's choice to tattoo themselves...they have to grow old with their choice(s) if the inking is/was the 'permanent' variety! I doubt that I'd be in a 'forever' relationship with someone with other than minor tattoos so it wouldn't be a make or break issue for me. That is not because I just wouldn't have it but because men in my age group didn't tend to tattoo themselves with ones that couldn't be easily hidden unless they were in lifestyles that I was...or am...not part of! For the most part my generation doesn't/didn't cross culture or social lines so I am less likely to encounter an obviously tatted man. IMHO...today's younger men (and women) are more likely to comfortably step outside "the box" than those from my generation.
Posts 1 - 10 of 73