Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The checklist

Jun 17th 2013 new
Hi! I had a conversation with some single friends and agreed that is difficult to find someone to date.. There's always something "important" that doen't match.
Is it because we have a checklist of characteristics that anyone can fullfil? What do you think about this? Do you have a checklist?
Jun 17th 2013 new
(quote) Marcela-973803 said: Hi! I had a conversation with some single friends and agreed that is difficult to find someone to date.. There's always something "important" that doen't match.
Is it because we have a checklist of characteristics that anyone can fullfil? What do you think about this? Do you have a checklist?
Do I have a checklist? I think so, but I misplaced it. wink

I will go on a date with pretty much anyone who expresses himself well, is okay that I'm Catholic, and is fun to be around. I kinda think everyone deserves a chance. However, would I enter into a dating relationship with anyone who didn't accept all the truths of the Church, want kids, go to Mass at least on Sunday, have a stable job? No. I That's it. it's pretty basic, I know, but I think we have a tendancy to come up with more "needs" or "requirements" as we get older and see the mistakes our friends (or we ourselves) have made. I want to leave room for the Holy Spirit.

Oh, and Welcome to the forums Marcela!!!
Jun 18th 2013 new
I don't have a "positive" checklist, but I do have a list of dealbreakers...granted, that list can fluctuate at any time. :p
Jun 18th 2013 new
It's ultimately about building relationships, not checklists.

Jun 18th 2013 new
I would have to say Yes,, only because...for me to even begin to get serious with someone they have to practice their Faith, and of course there are other "preferences" that i would like but those can sometimes change the more i get to know the person and find other things that i am attracted to about them. (I suspect most people have mental "checklists" even though they may not want to acknowledge it) biggrin Praying
Jun 18th 2013 new
I agree with Dave on this one.
Jun 18th 2013 new
ditto ditto...Dave and Joanna Praying hug heart
Jun 18th 2013 new
Another ditto for Dave. It's that almost-indescribable sensation we feel when our heart is called to another that either adds to or subtracts from our checklist. For instance, I had not really ever considered dating a musician because of a general temperament I had assumed about them, but then did date one a few years ago. I now know that that "indescribable sensation" can be a call to re-evaluate our checklist, not necessarily to say, "THIS one is the one for you!"
Jun 18th 2013 new
Well it's impossible to find someone perfect. There is no perfect person in the world only perfect intentions. There will always be something you and your partner don't agree with. However, you got to know what your important things your partner has to have in common with you.
Jun 18th 2013 new
I don't have a checklist but there are some things that I know will be deal breakers: smoking, excessive alcohol, dishonesty, and of course the "seven". I prefer to concentrate my attention on men who have the potential to be a mate.
Posts 1 - 10 of 20