Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: Don't start communicating with someone and develop a good rapport....and then.....poof!......all of sudden never to be heard from again.
Don't you just love that, it makes you think you did something wrong.
Jun 19th 2013 new
Do not answer 'No' to most of the questions and state that 'It's a woman's right to choose to have an abortion' and also that you 'Never go to Mass' and to claim that you are Catholic!

I have also had some critical remarks about my 'Orthodox Catholic Beliefs' which one said about my Mom's family of twelve,"They ought to put a stop to that; or a law against it."

Do Not State Something That Your Photos Show Are Not True; or Not Even You

I have also seen a very pretty woman name her 4 children's names and put four photos of dogs individually, which made me wonder if she actually had children or the names went with the dogs. Also, showing a pet once is alright , I also saw a beautiful woman's very professional ceramics art which was tastefully done. This created something common to talk about. But , too many photos which are unlabeled confuses me. At least some girls explain that the guy that she is hugging is her brother.

Jun 19th 2013 new
Don't get too attached to someone you are communicating with, contacts come and go. Get over it Praying
Jun 19th 2013 new
Don't create high hopes in another when you have no intention of getting to know him/her better.

Example: "Great pictures, I'd love to take you out to lunch next week, by the way, what's a Victrola?" He only wanted to know what a Victrola was...had no interest in me at all. surprised
Jun 19th 2013 new
Don't make forum posts that consist of links to (or long quotes from) magazine or blog articles....unless you also include some comments and analysis of your own.

I can read that stuff elsewhere. I'm here to know about YOU. What do YOU think of that topic? What do YOU plan to do about it? Haven't YOU any thoughts of your own?
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Don't create high hopes in another when you have no intention of getting to know him/her better.

Example: "Great pictures, I'd love to take you out to lunch next week, by the way, what's a Victrola?" He only wanted to know what a Victrola was...had no interest in me at all.
Marge,

Example: "Great pictures, I'd love to take you out to lunch next week, by the way, what's a Victrola?" He only wanted to know what a Victrola was...had no interest in me at all
laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You just made me giggle first thing this morning with this doozy...I have been there too!

:roll: Lisa
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Ann-69118 said: Don't
Send messages asking super personal questions or making rude comments.
Post pictures that look make your look like you're mad, depressed, generally unhappy.
Good topic idea, Ann! highfive

Don't ignore your "inner voice" or intuition if it's telling you that the person you're communicating with isn't the right one for you. I believe that's the good Lord trying to tell you something -- don't ignore Him.

Don't get discouraged and give up trying because things (finding your soulmate) aren't progressing at your pace. He will lead you to your match on His time.

Don't leave your profile mostly empty and generic. That makes it so much more difficult for someone to ask questions about you and initiate contact.

Don't leave out pictures. Studies show that people are much more likely to initiate contact with or respond to someone who has posted pictures. When people meet "in real life," they don't have a curtain between them, right?

Speaking of pictures, don't post just one photo of yourself and then a bunch of pics that don't have you in them. There'll be plenty of time later to see your pet, favorite art, or vacation pics. laughing

Just my two cents

God Bless,
Steve
Jun 19th 2013 new
Yes I hate when people do that it's very rude. I think people don't want to face up to telling others the truth so they cut and run or maybe they get scared. You still have a responsibility to be respectful of the other person. On the other other side of that you should always guard your heart against getting too serious too soon. Take your time and meet the person face to face a few times before you let your emotions get too much involved.
Jun 19th 2013 new
This thread should be offered as a primer/handbook for all those who get on this site! Unfortunately, some/many who join won't wander into the forums for whatever reason & benefit from all this shared wisdom.

As for photos, would it be too hard to ask someone's opinion before you post it as your profile pic? As some have commented, there are photos are are totally inappropriate or that are downright off putting.

Jun 19th 2013 new
I would recommend against using this site for the aggressive solicitation to purchase northeastern Mediterranean fish heads by the long tonne.
Posts 11 - 20 of 118