Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Not even close on a match

Jun 18th 2013 new
I spent the time filling out the match information and have to say that I was very disappointed - not even close to finding a match - what a disappointment!

Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Christine-530037 said: I spent the time filling out the match information and have to say that I was very disappointed - not even close to finding a match - what a disappointment!

I have been on here a looooong time.Some people find a match really fast.I mean in a month! I have seen it happen many times.Yes they get married too! My situation is that I have been broke due to paying for two daughters.They just started College.Otherwise,I have passed up dozens of great Matches here on cm.I think for a woman,you just have to be more assertive,and never give up.That being said,don't make this your only way of meeting men.Get involved at your Church etc.participate in the Forums alot do not get impatient if you don't find a match in six months.I have been here 12 years.I am single by my own limitations howeve o.Do Just
Jun 18th 2013 new
While it would be a great timesaver to simply push a button and find a perfect mate, I suspect that the hard work of reaching out and exploring possibilities is still required. Hang in there.

Gone Fishing!
_________
goldfish
Jun 18th 2013 new
Don't ever give up... I have been here for almost 9 years.. My fianc started here in February and we connected on April 1st.. I considered the Mutual Matching to be a dismal failure, but that's where I first found him. We found very quickly that we have everything in common and anticipate a peaceful contented marriage.

The site and the Mutual Matching system worked for us.
Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Bernard-2709 said: ..I have been broke due to paying for two daughters...,I have passed up dozens of great Matches ...
IDEA: Why don't you contact the ladies and let THEM decide if this is an issue, rather than passing them by?
There have been, and possibly still are, some wealthy people here for whom this wouldn't be an issue. wink
Jun 18th 2013 new
I've been here 5 months and I think only six men have even shown up on my matches list...
Jun 18th 2013 new
Christine, Similiar experience. What do we do now? Maryjane
Jun 18th 2013 new
Donna, I've been on and off this site for 7 years. It most certainly is a wonderful site probably the best. However, the men in my age category are below par in many respects. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, merely speaking the truth from my experiences. Best of luck to you. I am happy for you. I must say you are indeed a patient woman. Maryjane
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Maryjane-408997 said: Donna, I've been on and off this site for 7 years. It most certainly is a wonderful site probably the best. However, the men in my age category are below par in many respects. Sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, merely speaking the truth from my experiences. Best of luck to you. I am happy for you. I must say you are indeed a patient woman. Maryjane
Maryjane,
What is so disappointing to me is that when we are matched with a guy in our age category (& they do seem to be few & far between) they don't seen to be interested in the least little bit. Wouldn't you think that if a "match" is indicated, they would take a moment to view our profile, say hello, ask a question or two. There had to be something that generated the match; why not pursue it a bit? I wrote to one of my few matches & asked if we might try messaging. The response was kind of like, "I guess so; perhaps; well, maybe" Whoop-di-doo! I really wanted to jump right on that one! scratchchin eyebrow faint WHY ARE THEY HERE???!!!
Jun 19th 2013 new
Whoops, I forgot we were in a place where men can read & respond! embarassed Perhaps I should be asking, WHY ARE YOU HERE anyway??!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 44