Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 18th 2013 new
They usually say 'My wife'.. But.. 'THEY' recognize that their spouse is gone and not coming back.. It's US that try to read more into their statement of "My wife or husband' than is what is there.
Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: They usually say 'My wife'.. But.. 'THEY' recognize that their spouse is gone and not coming back.. It's US that try to read more into their statement of "My wife or husband' than is what is there.
I think their willingness to change things in their life says more to me about their readiness to move on. For instance. Larry has told me that I can change anything in the house to reflect my own taste.. I have half the house redecorated in my head.. wink

I know a couple of women who married men who wouldn't allow any changes at all.. Even to taking the 'Alice's Kitchen' sign down from the wall.. New wife's name was Sue.. These couples usually ended up selling the house and buying another.
Jun 18th 2013 new
My Larry has a new Taurus and all he has to do is touch the door handle with the remote opener in his pocket.. Why would I want to take away all his fun?

Jun 18th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: As someone who is getting ready to marry a widower who had a 41+ year marriage, let me say this.. He puts his pants on the same way everyone else does. He talks about his late wife a lot. He talks about the good times they had and the challenges they faced. She is not a threat to me and he is entirely ready to move on. I never did 'get' why anyone puts widowed on such a pedestal. Divorced people, even with a miserable former marriage can find positive moments to treasure in their previous relationship.
Donna,
You are obviously a woman who is secure in herself. Unfortunately a lot of people are not. You have accepted him for where he is and THAT is what is important. He got a real gem in you; some women would have high tailed it out of there the first time he mentioned his "wife".
YES, divorced people have LOTS of positive moments to treasure in their previous relationship. I know I do, before mental illness took my former husband from his family. Blessings to you and Larry!!
Jun 18th 2013 new
My mom never remarried, and probably, never would have. But the first thing that she did after my dad died was remodel the house (somewhat)! I told her to budget her money as though she was going to live to be 90! mischievous

Good insight, Donna! One thing that my parents noticed when they moved to FL (when retired), is that many people sell the "northern furniture" and buy "Florida furniture" when they get down here: i.e., lighter woods, lighter colors, etc. It's a nice change of pace. When you live in the same home all of your life, it's easy not to change things up every once in a while. Change is good for the soul. To live in another woman's house is like camping. The couple need to make a new life together.
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Lynn-189934 said: Just wear a green and white print dress that's too low in the neck and flirt away. :D
O_o Hmmmmmm!
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Donna-83441 said: O_o Hmmmmmm!
I think it only worked in April 1861, at one of the first barbecue events of the season in Clayton County, Georgia. scratchchin
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Naomi-825244 said: Matt,

This is so good to know!
I feel like as a girl, I would view and not send an emote and that would mean I'm interested! I look at the picture and the first few lines of the interview and decide if I am intersted or not. if so, I view the profile. Is that waaaaaay to subtle? That being said, sometimes I view and run.

My question then is, should I be sending an emote or something instead of thinking that my view is going to indicate interest to him?

And Linda, it will happen if it is meant to! God's ways are not my ways and struggle every day to remind myself that he has a plan...and it must be way the heck better than mine because mine ain't workin' out very well. It is so hard...even when I send a message to a guy who really excites me, I have to say a little "thy will be done," so that don't get too discouraged when it goes no where.
Is there a way to view the first few lines of the profile, but not tell the person you have viewed their profile?
Jun 19th 2013 new
All I know of is to find them in a general search. You can see a snippet at least.
Jun 19th 2013 new
Hmm, I usually click on profiles from the home page so I didn't realize there is a way to screen the profile first.
Posts 41 - 50 of 52