Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 19th 2013 new
Ho-lee cats! Seriously? eyepopping
Jun 19th 2013 new

Don't give up hope for the "one" God has picked for you! Ever! heart
Jun 19th 2013 new
Don't be afraid to be honest -- you don't have to be hurtful, but you can be honest, and react to honesty with maturity. If, after a time, it becomes clear that there is not a relationship budding, don't take it personally! Develop friendships with folks -- you never know where it may lead!
Jun 19th 2013 new
Do not hide. Get out there! Be active. A body (profile) at rest stays at rest.

Don't forget to pray!

Don't despair. Hope springs here, all around us.

Don't be jealous.

Don't lie about who you are.

Don't build castles in the clouds. Work on a strong foundation here.

Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Kenny-949632 said:
Be careful if you open your heart and show compassion, kindness and a little humor.
It can be totally mis-read by many,,,not by all thankfully,,,Then our sweet, kind Catholic brothers and sisters may dive in for the kill and attack your open heart and compassion and humor.

Don't assume that everyone is a merciful, loving Catholic/Christian,,,,at least not practicing..

Don't assume the goodie-goodie stuff on someone's profile is real. Like most things in life,,,,"If it sounds too good to be true,,,it probably is NOT true.."""""""

Fill my heart with gladness
take away all my sadness..
Ease my troubles
that's what you do.!!!!

Shouldn't we be singing this to all people on all levels,,brothers,,sisters,,friends,,,Sweethearts,,Moms,,Dads...ETC..

Try not to get smitten with a charming, decent man, who knows how swoon a lady, who is not your age range and is too faraway. lovestruck! Blinded by love

laughing laughing laughing
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Julie-362086 said: This just happened to me!!!
It's kind of embarrassing, rude for sure! I try to live by the Golden Rule,
but am astounded when the courtesy is not reciprocated. I can take an emote that says something indicating they don't want to continue on, etc...but I can't understand avoidance, like they don't even notice your emails.
It is our Christian, if not Catholic duty to love one another...but do we really?

Yeah, this just happened to me ... twice by the same person. He told made me believe he was apologetic, and what not, and it was his "evil self", then I tried to post a photo of our engagement on FB, and all heck broke loose. I'm sure it was just a coincidence. eyebrow

People aren't what they say they are always. You have to be very careful. Always stick to your Catholic values and hold onto them for dear life. No matter what happens, you can always be glad for that.
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Alex-789274 said: Is there a story behind this?
Come on, Bradley! I am tryin' to make a livin' here! rolling eyes shhh
Jun 19th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: Try not to get smitten with a charming, decent man, who knows how swoon a lady, who is not your age range and is too faraway.

But don't utterly dismiss the possibility ... I was ready to cross the continent, but God had other Plans... (... our ages, were compatible though ...). smile
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) MaryClaire-847709 said: Guys, if you have pictures of you with individual women, at least explain who they are!! Otherwise we have no idea, and we think you're trying to impress us with your skills with the ladies. Not impressed!

I agree with you Mary, this doesn't translate from the real world over to cyberspace. The dynamic though is the same. When guy is in public, on the scene, with a gal, he's considered pre-validated by outside women. What this means is that it appears he has been already checked out and is on the up and up. This can be a problem if he's with his girlfriend or date, for we aren't supposed to be wandering our eyes, nor receptive to outside women regardless of what they do to attempt to communicate in a flirtatious way.
Jun 20th 2013 new
So many good comments. My take on all:

1. No eyeglasses.
2. No rude messages.
3. If you are interested, say so.
4. If you are not interested, either say so or go in hiding.
5. If someone you messaged goes into hiding, move on.
6. No profile picture, no interest..
7. What, you waiting for Brad Pitt? Shania Twain?
8. 'Crying out loud, message somebody.
9. You think they're going to wait forever?
10. Messaged and not interested? See #4.

Finally, no one on CM wishes ever to cause another pain. Take it on faith. And if not convinced, report it to CM.

St. Mary Magdalen, pray for us.

Posts 41 - 50 of 118