Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

...is that we have no business arming the Syrian rebels or getting involved in that civil war.

We certainly have no business arming Islamist groups that we fought across the border in Iraq. If, like some, you insist that we're not "arming Islamist groups," I hate to tell you but the search for non-Islamist rebels is looking like O.J. Simpson's search for the "real killer" everywhere except the mirror where he'll always catch him!

First up is American Conservative's James Antel III, "FIghting Terrorism by Arming Terrorists."

www.theamericanconservative.com

Hard Left's Counterpunch has "America: It's Own Worst Enemy."

www.counterpunch.org

Finally, Thomas Fleming writes in Chronicles on this: www.chroniclesmagazine.org

Best quote from that article is this:

This operation already combines some of the worst features of the Second Iraq War--remember Colin Powell lying to the world on television?-- (Even he could not have been stupid enough to believe the nonsense about WMD's in Iraq)--and Hilary Clinton's Arab Spring.

Here is how it works. On the one hand, the government reserves the right to spy on American citizens because it wants to defend us from terrorists, but on the other, we are willing to arm and pay Islamic terrorists in Bosnia, Kosovo, Egypt, Lybia, and Syria.

We do not need Bradley Manning or Edward Snowden to feed our paranoid fantasies. The maniacs in charge--Obama and McCain--actually tell us publicly what they are planning to do. - See more at: www.chroniclesmagazine.org

Jun 20th 2013 new
Steven:

When Obama was having his little tete-a-tete with Putin, he should have tried
to get Putin to see if they can talk about peace in the region.

There is no where for us to go into Syria now. If we were stupid enough to arm
the rebels, then Russia would be pitted against us.

I wonder if this is what they are calling a proxy war?

Jun 20th 2013 new
Not to worry, our military-industrial complex has it all figured out:
www.newyorker.com.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: Not to worry, our military-industrial complex has it all figured out:
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/06/us-promises-smooth-transfer-of-quagmire...
OOPS, trying again~
www.newyorker.com.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: OOPS, trying again~
http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/06/us-promises-smooth-transfer-of-quagmire...
Apparently CM needs to work on links. Just go to the New Yorker website, click on the Borowitz Report and look for:
  1. Andy Borowitz: U.S. Promises Smooth Transfer of Quagmire from Afghanistan to Syria
Jun 20th 2013 new
I just hope this is a joke. It has to be. God help us all.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Marianne-100218 said: I just hope this is a joke. It has to be. God help us all.
"The Borowitz Report" is satire. Good satire however, is based on truth. As I've said here before, our ever expanding military-industrial complex is a beast that will die without new wars to feed it. Sometimes a little levity is necessary to preserve our sanity.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: "The Borowitz Report" is satire. Good satire however, is based on truth. As I've said here before, our ever expanding military-industrial complex is a beast that will die without new wars to feed it. Sometimes a little levity is necessary to preserve our sanity.
Thank you for confirming that it was a satire. In this day and age, anything that
is happening on Capital Hill is a joke. "America dumps on Americans" is their
motto.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Peter-449116 said: "The Borowitz Report" is satire. Good satire however, is based on truth. As I've said here before, our ever expanding military-industrial complex is a beast that will die without new wars to feed it. Sometimes a little levity is necessary to preserve our sanity.
The neverending war never ends. Only the zip code and the "terrorist" enemies change.

But then again, "We've always been at war with EastAsia." [Orwell, 1984]
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Steven-706921 said: The neverending war never ends. Only the zip code and the "terrorist" enemies change.

But then again, "We've always been at war with EastAsia." [Orwell, 1984]
Speaking of being at war with Eastasia when you thought it was Eurasia, Obama seems to be training some of the very people we fought against in Iraq to use our anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons. Sounds like the same dance we did with Al Qeada in Afghanistan during the 80s.

www.latimes.com

Posts 1 - 10 of 31