Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) MaryClaire-847709 said: Guys, if you have pictures of you with individual women, at least explain who they are!! Otherwise we have no idea, and we think you're trying to impress us with your skills with the ladies. Not impressed!

Ha-ha. That's why I label all of mine---my aunt from one side of the family, on Facebook, didn't recognize my aunt (in pics that are here) from the other side after living out of state for many years and thought it was my girlfriend!
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Naomi-825244 said: Loose the ball cap and glasses...I want to see your face, silly. ;-)

Hey, I like the male "incognito" equivalent of Jackie. . .
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Leyden-904885 said: To which I will add:

Don't project who you wish/want/hope the other person is onto them. Let them show up to you as themselves. Then see where that takes you.

Great topic Ann.

In Christ,
Leyden
In all honesty that one can be hard because we all see ourselves is one way while others may see us differently.
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Maria-350522 said: Don't use a photo of you 10 - 20 years younger as your profile photo (talking about the 45+ people)
Don't be rude, reply with a simple emoticon to anyone who takes the time to show interest in you
Don't expect a reply from "someone" if you decide to show interest in "someone"
I think that this goes for under 45 as well. I know that I look different now than I did in my 20's.
Jun 20th 2013 new
If you start a thread...don't dictate to others what they may and may not post as comments.

Certainly it's nice if every one keeps on topic and stays civil. But sometimes I feel an O.P. expects everyone to agree with the original post and doesn't actually welcome discussion.
Jun 20th 2013 new

Please make sure that the pictures posted are current or at least "date" them. I've met up with 2 people now that didn't look anything like their profile picture... Sigh....all I could think of is what else are they hiding. eyebrow
Jun 20th 2013 new
eyepopping OH... and please don't hand out a phone number after one or two messages! scary...
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Susan-898689 said: Try not to get smitten with a charming, decent man, who knows how swoon a lady, who is not your age range and is too faraway.

I know what you mean, Susan. We need to pray that just the right sweetheart crosses his path & they live happily ever after as well as praying that we each find a guy who has the ability to make us swoon just like that!
Jun 20th 2013 new
(quote) Katie-822269 said: Don't be afraid to be honest -- you don't have to be hurtful, but you can be honest, and react to honesty with maturity. If, after a time, it becomes clear that there is not a relationship budding, don't take it personally! Develop friendships with folks -- you never know where it may lead!
waveGREAT post!

Don't assume the other person is only talking to you. Until there is a mutual agreement to actually date each other exclusively - you're free to talk to everyone. (Some people CHOOSE to communicate with one person at a time - that's an individual choice.)

Don't let yourself become emotionally involved before meeting in real life. Communicating any other way does NOT automatically mean a romance is developing.

Developing friendships here is similar to networking. As Dawn said - you have to contact people, get out there and meet them. DO use this site as a way to meet as many people as you can. Attend events, have coffee with someone, put together an outing and post it. Hang out a bit, see if there is a mutual spark IRL. If not - as Katie stated above - don't take it personally. You can choose to embrace the friendship as it is, or move on. ( I personally know couples who developed a romance out of a friendship - it can happen.) lovestruck!

This is an important one.....Don't post bathroom or bedroom shots unless you crop them. We don't want to see the toilet or unmade bed behind you. wide eyed boggled rolling eyes

Jun 20th 2013 new
If somebody sent you a happy birthday emoticon, it would be very rude if you ignored it and din't respond it with one "Thank you "
Posts 61 - 70 of 118