Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Denise-687929 said: In regards to the Fortnight for Freedom here is a special event in Skokie, Illinois.

Special 4th of July Mass - St. Lambert's Parish
Thursday, July 4, 2013 - 9:00 a.m.
8148 North Karlov Avenue
Skokie, Illinois 60076

Join Fr. Fr. Rocky and other patriotic Americans afterwards for coffee, juice, and red-white-and-blue donuts.
Hi Denise! Yes, I had heard about the mass in Skokie and I'm hoping to be able to make it. Thanks for the detailed information about it!!

I just saw Fr. Rocky speak to a group of ladies last Friday and he was FANTASTIC!! Boy, does he have his finger on the pulse of our nation.
Jun 21st 2013 new
Regarding the (unconstitutional) HHS mandate....

Did you know that today there are 61 cases and over 200 plaintiffs representing hospitals, universities, businesses, schools, and people all speaking with one voice to affirm the freedom of religion guaranteed in the Constitution?

The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty led the charge against the Administrations unconstitutional HHS mandatewhich forces many religious organizations to violate their deeply held religious beliefs, or pay crippling fines. The Becket Fund applauds the other courageous defenders who have stepped forward and filed additional suits in defense of Americas first freedom. The Becket Fund currently represents: Hobby Lobby, Wheaton College, East Texas Baptist University, Houston Baptist University, Colorado Christian University, the Eternal Word Television Network, Ave Maria University, and Belmont Abbey College.

Current Scorecard for For-Profit Cases (See Case Database for details)

32 for-profit lawsuits* have been filed over the HHS mandate. To date, of the 27 for-profit plaintiffs that have obtained rulings touching on the merits of their claims against the Mandate, 20 have secured injunctive relief against it, for a current score of 20-7.
Injunctions Granted (i.e., dont have to comply with mandate while case proceeds in court):
Injunctions Denied (i.e., must comply with mandate while the full case continues in court):Temporary Restraining Orders Denied:Cases filed, no additional action:* The numbers of for-profit and non-profit lawsuits provided in the respective scorecard take into account Geneva College v. Sebelius, which includes both for-profit and non-profit plaintiffs. Thus, the case is included in each scorecards tallies.
**DOJ declined to appeal the injunction
***DOJ voluntarily withdrew appeal before DC Circuit

Status of Non-Profit Cases (See Case Database for details)

30 non-profit lawsuits have been filed against Secretary Sebelius over the HHS mandate. This includes lawsuits by religious organizations such as hospitals, charities, religious colleges, and Catholic dioceses. To date, no non-profit case has been decided on the merits, there have only been rulings on procedural issues such as timing.
Injunctions Granted:Cases allowed by the court to move forward:Cases held in abeyance by the court (i.e., waiting for action from the administration):Cases waiting on procedural rulings (i.e., timing issues):Cases filed, no additional action:
Cases dismissed by the court on procedural issues:
www.becketfund.org

Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: The U.S bishops have called for a Fortnight for Freedom, a two-week period of prayer and action, to address many current challenges to religious liberty, including the August 1, 2013 deadline for religious organizations to comply with the HHS mandate, Supreme Court rulings that could attempt to redefine marriage in June, and religious liberty concerns in areas such as immigration and humanitarian services.

http://www.usccb.org/

Check to see what your diocese is doing to support this.

Here's what my diocese is doing: http://religiousliberty.rockforddiocese.org/prayer-resources .
They're also providing car magnets to our parishes http://religiousliberty.rockforddiocese.org/graphics-files

I also know our bishop has asked for parishioners to say a decade of the rosary before or after all Masses celebrated within the Fortnight for Freedom which my parish will begin before the 8:00 mass tomorrow (6/21). And next Wednesday we will obseve a Vigil for Freedom beginning at 8:00 p.m.

The time is now folks. Speak now, or forever hold your peace!! Find our what your parish is doing. A special mass? A gathering for the rosary, daily? Notices in your parish bulletin? Will they receive car magnets?

Thank you so much for posting this!! I'm going to our diocese's first official event for this on Sunday.
Jun 21st 2013 new
Praying Appreciate the reminder. Thanks
Jun 21st 2013 new
Praying Thanks Wendy for the info! Our church has been praying the Rosary after every mass for this Liberty since last year. We also stood on the busiest corner with placards in a quiet protest and this year will do the same, while praying the rosary. We need to use our Catholic weapon of the Rosary. Unfortunaltely we have pateints talking about this everyday here at work. Almost everyone that comes in talks about it and the doctor's are concerned but they keep quiet about it unless you are one on one with them. But we all just hope that we will survive as a nation and people will wake up. But so many have their heads buried in the sand....and God did say that there will be so many that will deny.....pray. Praying hug
Jun 21st 2013 new
The diocese of Charleston SC is having a special Mass on Saturday June 21 in Columbia then will have a Eucharistic procession through the streets to the steps of the Capital Building where they will have some more prayers and then Benediction.
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Laura-56149 said: Thank you for the post! I remember last year the church was fired up about this. I haven't heard anything at my church this year and will keep an eye and ear out and spread the word! We even had a special prayer card passed out last year. I will get mine out and start the novena.
You are a blessing, Wendy, thanks again.
Here's a link to let everyone know what their own diocese has planned.

www.usccb.org
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Elizabeth-745199 said: The diocese of Charleston SC is having a special Mass on Saturday June 21 in Columbia then will have a Eucharistic procession through the streets to the steps of the Capital Building where they will have some more prayers and then Benediction.
clap How wonderful to hear Elizabeth, thank you for letting us know!!
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Jane-933948 said: Thanks Wendy for the info! Our church has been praying the Rosary after every mass for this Liberty since last year. We also stood on the busiest corner with placards in a quiet protest and this year will do the same, while praying the rosary. We need to use our Catholic weapon of the Rosary. Unfortunaltely we have pateints talking about this everyday here at work. Almost everyone that comes in talks about it and the doctor's are concerned but they keep quiet about it unless you are one on one with them. But we all just hope that we will survive as a nation and people will wake up. But so many have their heads buried in the sand....and God did say that there will be so many that will deny.....pray.
How impressive, your parish has prayed the rosary after every mass for liberty since last year!! Wolf Whistle clap
Jun 22nd 2013 new
(quote) Wendy-387654 said: Here's a link to let everyone know what their own diocese has planned.

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/religious-liberty/fortnight-for-freedom/fortnight-freedom-diocesan-activities.cfm
Not on there, the Diocese of Orange. We have a new Bishop and am wondering if that is why scratchchin He is from Texas and is suppose to be conservative. His name is Bishop Kevin Vann. The Archdiocese of Los Angeles isn't either.
Posts 11 - 20 of 33