Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

We are in a spiritual battle. It will take spiritual weapons to win. The Hebrew word for the Queen Mother is rooted in the word for warrior. Our mightiest weapon was recommended by the Queen Mother herself. THE ROSARY!!!

The country and the world cannot be won focussing on worldly measures.

rosary
Jun 18th 2013 new
Spot on Clair...we need to use our Catholic weapon of the Rosary and prayer! Praying theheart rosary hug Nice new pic! fluffy
Jun 21st 2013 new
Those of us who consider ourselves morally upright can pray that the Republican party reinvents itself and appeals to a broader ethnic and economic base- to those who work at the country club, not just it's members. We can pray it marginalizes those who reject science because we can't afford more embarrassment. Pray the Rosary for peace~ that those in power have the courage not to send young Americans to fight in foreign wars against countries that do not threaten us (there are two in the docket now). The economic cost of war is staggering, the human cost incalculable. Pray the Rosary for the sanctity of human life~ science actually has helped to validate our fight against abortion. Pray the Rosary that we can somehow turn the tide against those who would redefine the sacrament of marriage.
Sorry, I got a little carried away there!
Jun 21st 2013 new
Wow.
My first thought was, "First, we kill all the lawyers".
duck
Jun 21st 2013 new
(quote) Marge-938695 said: Wow.
My first thought was, "First, we kill all the lawyers".
Nah, save the lawyers, get rid of the politicians and lobbyist.....on second thought most of them are lawyers so I guess your right Marge.
Jun 21st 2013 new
I think it is time for Catholics to take back Western Civilization. We built it, and we are the only ones who can point to values of the past that worked. I do not like people focusing on the political and economic problems today. I would prefer we go back and question the basics/rationale of foundations of todays society i.e. the secular state, and capitalism. I think these were based on erroneous assumptions - which have caused a lot of misery after their foundation.
Jun 25th 2013 new
When the first thing to do is rebuild the family in Western culture. The family is the basic building block of society. Then the south last attitude but in the Christian faith trumps the self/attitude and all other belief systems model and in history. I give you a new command love one another as you would love yourself.
Jun 25th 2013 new
One way is by standing with our Church when they lead: www.catholicmatch.com
Jun 26th 2013 new
Some things I've wondered about for some rume. The bishops in the US seem to have reversed their stance from that in the Gallilao affair. tHe said the Catholic Church had to change their teachings based on his discovery that the earth orbits the sun, not the other way around.

The USCCB is now saying what immigration reform has to and cannot contain. What are the bishops in Mexico doing to make Mexico a better place to live.

mexico had their "revolution" over a century ago! The recent movie For Greater Glory, or was it Honor, tells the story of Mexico loosing its freedom of religion. The basis of any freedom is the freedom of religion.

Then why is it assumed all illegal immigrants are Mexican? there are many countries of origin. The Mexican border is just the easiest to cross!

Fanother fact pushing illegal immigration is abortion, The tally of surgical abortions since Roe v. Wade is over 55 million. how many chemical abortions have happened? We will never know. Aas abortion objectifies women and discriminates against the most vulnerable, we
Ment . se is contradicted by their own words. Truth never contradicts itself. Jesus said I am the way, the Truth, and the life. He also said those who are not with Me are against Me.

WE NEED TO FIGHT THIS FIRE WITH OUR MIGHTIEST WEAPON rosary
Jun 26th 2013 new
Praying the rosary is one of our best weapons. The major problem is our leaders on both sides of the political spectrum pander to any radical group that makes a little noise. I do not foresee any improvement until the average citizen forgets
charm and charisma of the candidates and truly looks at their voting records or take time to fully understand the issues.
When praying the rosary ask that voters be given the wisdom to choose wisely.

I do not recall seeing any videos or news clips showing prominent leaders taking time to go to the church of their choice since Ronald Reagan and Nancy. If a few of our leaders were seen going to a church service once in a while it just may put a small dent in secularism..
Posts 1 - 10 of 21