This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.
Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More
Special 4th of July Mass - St. Lambert's Parish
Thursday, July 4, 2013 - 9:00 a.m.
8148 North Karlov Avenue
Skokie, Illinois 60076
Join Fr. Fr. Rocky and other patriotic Americans afterwards for coffee, juice, and red-white-and-blue donuts.
I just saw Fr. Rocky speak to a group of ladies last Friday and he was FANTASTIC!! Boy, does he have his finger on the pulse of our nation.
Did you know that today there are 61 cases and over 200 plaintiffs representing hospitals, universities, businesses, schools, and people all speaking with one voice to affirm the freedom of religion guaranteed in the Constitution?
The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty led the charge against the Administrations unconstitutional HHS mandatewhich forces many religious organizations to violate their deeply held religious beliefs, or pay crippling fines. The Becket Fund applauds the other courageous defenders who have stepped forward and filed additional suits in defense of Americas first freedom. The Becket Fund currently represents: Hobby Lobby, Wheaton College, East Texas Baptist University, Houston Baptist University, Colorado Christian University, the Eternal Word Television Network, Ave Maria University, and Belmont Abbey College.
Current Scorecard for For-Profit Cases (See Case Database for details)32 for-profit lawsuits* have been filed over the HHS mandate. To date, of the 27 for-profit plaintiffs that have obtained rulings touching on the merits of their claims against the Mandate, 20 have secured injunctive relief against it, for a current score of 20-7.
- Seneca Hardwood (W.D. Pennsylvania)
- Korte (7th Circuit)
- Oral argument May 22, 2013
- OBrien (8th Circuit)
- Annex Medical (8th Circuit)
- Grote (7th Circuit)
- Oral argument May 22, 2013
- Newland (Hercules) (D. Colorado On appeal to 10th Circuit)
- Weingartz Supply Co. (Legatus) (6th Circuit)
- Tyndale Publishers*** (D.D.C.)
- Am. Pulverizer Co. (Griesedieck) (W.D. Missouri On appeal to 8th Circuit)
- Dominos Farms (E.D. Michigan)
- Sharpe Holdings, Inc. (E.D. Missouri N.D.)
- Triune Health Group (N.D. Illinois)
- Sioux Chief Manufacturing** (W.D. Missouri)
- Lindsay, Rappaport & Postel, LLC (N.D. Illinois E.D.)
- Fresh Unlimited (Gilardi) (D.C. Circuit)
- Bick Holdings, Inc. (E.D. Missouri E.D.)
- American Manufacturing Co. (Hall) (D. Minnesota)
- Hart Electric** (N.D. Illinois E.D.)
- Tonn and Blank Construction (N.D. Indiana)
- Johnson Welded Products, Inc. (D.D.C.)
- Hobby Lobby (10th Circuit)
- Autocam (6th Circuit)
- Oral argument June 11, 2013
- Conestoga Wood (3rd Circuit)
- Oral argument tent. May 30, 2013
- Armstrong (D. Colorado)
- Beckwith (M.D. Florida)
- Infrastructure Alternatives (W.D. Michigan)
- Mersino Management (E.D. Michigan)
- M&N Plastics, Inc. (E.D. Michigan)
- SMA, LLC (D. Minnesota)
**DOJ declined to appeal the injunction
***DOJ voluntarily withdrew appeal before DC Circuit
Status of Non-Profit Cases (See Case Database for details)30 non-profit lawsuits have been filed against Secretary Sebelius over the HHS mandate. This includes lawsuits by religious organizations such as hospitals, charities, religious colleges, and Catholic dioceses. To date, no non-profit case has been decided on the merits, there have only been rulings on procedural issues such as timing.
- Geneva College (W.D. Pennsylvania)
- ETBU & HBU (S.D. Texas)
- Louisiana College (W.D. Louisiana)
- Belmont Abbey (D.C. Circuit)
- Wheaton (D.C. Circuit)
- CCU (D. Colorado)
- Nebraska (D. Nebraska On appeal to 8th Circuit)
- Catholic Diocese of Biloxi (S.D. Mississippi)
- Catholic Diocese of Peoria (C.D. Illinois)
- Catholic Diocese of Nashville (M.D. Tennessee)
- Notre Dame (N.D. Indiana On appeal to 7th Circuit)
- Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh (W.D. Pennsylvania On appeal to 3rd Circuit)
- Catholic Archbishop of Washington (D.C. Circuit)
- Catholic Diocese of Dallas (N.D. Texas)
- Franciscan University (S.D. Ohio)
- EWTN (N.D. Alabama)
- Ave Maria (M.D. Florida)
- Priests for Life (E.D. New York)
- Catholic Archdiocese of Miami (S.D. Florida)
- Catholic Archdiocese of St. Louis (E.D. Missouri)
- Criswell College (N.D. Texas)
- Catholic Diocese of Joliet (N.D. Illinois)
- Catholic Diocese of Erie (W.D. Penn.)
Check to see what your diocese is doing to support this.
Here's what my diocese is doing: http://religiousliberty.rockforddiocese.org/prayer-resources .
They're also providing car magnets to our parishes http://religiousliberty.rockforddiocese.org/graphics-files
I also know our bishop has asked for parishioners to say a decade of the rosary before or after all Masses celebrated within the Fortnight for Freedom which my parish will begin before the 8:00 mass tomorrow (6/21). And next Wednesday we will obseve a Vigil for Freedom beginning at 8:00 p.m.
The time is now folks. Speak now, or forever hold your peace!! Find our what your parish is doing. A special mass? A gathering for the rosary, daily? Notices in your parish bulletin? Will they receive car magnets?
You are a blessing, Wendy, thanks again.